Books about East Dulwich

helen

There's a great book called something like "The Parish of Camberwell" which was written a long time ago and has loads of interesting info about East Dulwich in it - I used it years ago for a school project. It's thick and yellow and Dulwich Library has a copy of it - sorry, I know that's not much help to Helen up North, but thought it was worth mentioning!

John lives across the street from me and I know he doesn't have internet access at home - so if you have any questions I'd be happy to relay them. I don't know how often he looks at email. I know his books are out of print but I could ask if he has any spares around.

David mc,

Thank you for your offer,but no thank you.

I thought by doing my family history for my grandchildren,that books about East Dulwich, just might have

more information than i have or pictures about certain areas.

Sorry that was a nice offer, and i do not mean to be rude.

But disturbing someone at home! call me old fashion!

Many thanks Helen.

He doesn't mind - he loves to chat! He doesn't have any spare copies of the Illustrated Alphabetical Guide and tracked the last copy he got for someone down from some bookshop in the West Country via the internet! He said he'd revise and reissue it if anyone could find someone willing to publish it. But he doesn't want to make the financial commitment in publishing it himself which is how his books got published before.