Starting Baby/Parent screening at Peckham Plex/Cinema - anyone tried this?

alieh

Maybe I am the only one, but I am planning my maternity leave around being able to go to the baby cinema! I have now confirmed that I'm going to send my toddler to our childminder on Mondays and Tuesdays but the Big Scream in Clapham and Brixton are Thurs/Fri.

Wondering if anyone has already looked into organising a Parent & Baby screening at the Peckham Plex (easy bus ride from most parts of E.D.)? Would there be demand for this do you think?

There are sessions on Mon/Tues at other cinemas around London, but I remember how daunting it seemed to trek very far with a new baby!

(Title edited in case people don't know about the Big Scream!)

If Peckham did mother and baby screenings I'd be tempted to go - keep thinking about the ones at he Ritzy, but, buses over to Brixton seem so unreliable (with a 10wk old you don't really want to head out much earlier than you need to!) and there isn't a car park nearby. Also put off by their recent offerings being really arty (am jealous a friend in Wimbledon got to go to Harry Potter as a mother and baby session!).

Doesn't seem to be any mother and baby screenings at Surrey Quays either (which does have a huge car park!).

I had an e mail from them recently saying they are planning starting a Big Scream session in January - they claim they will be offering coffee and cake as part of the ticket! Hooray! Might be something on their website about it- I havent checked...

Mae

Just to update that I emailed the Peckham Plex and Mae is right...they are launching a parent/baby screening in January. Here are the details:

"We are currently collecting names of interested parents, we hope to have sufficient numbers when we launch in January to make these screenings a viable option for us.

It will be held on Thursdays at 11.30am, the price of the tickets are ?5.99 which includes coffee & cake. We also have facilites such as pram park, baby changing and bottle warming facilities. Adults must be accompanied by a baby under 1 year old.

Once established we will of course review the time, day and number of screenings and will rely on customer feedback to tell us what they want."

You can email via the Peckham Plex website if you want to add your name to their customer list: http://www.peckhamplex.com/contact

Unfortunately it doesn't help with my Monday/Tuesday problem, but maybe if there is enough demand they'll introduce a second day!