Flight disruptions due to adverse weather conditions

Ladymuck

I flew from Stansted on the 21st and was only delayed back to Belfast by about an hour. My younger brother was delayed coming from Gatwick, via Leeds to Belfast by a couple nof hours last night. My uncle was returning from a cruise in the Red Sea and was delayed for about two days in the utter Hell that is Heathrow but he made it back to Belfast yesterday.

shhh, it's a secret, we have left a few back home to keep the country ticking along while the rest spread out and slowly take over the world (with pies and BBQs), we have a pretty good hold in Aussie and are now working on the UK...but don't tell anyone.

Actually I meet some Polish people on a recent trip away and they said in Poland people say the second bigest city in Poland is London, 1.5 million Poles apparenty (well so they said), I think they have us beat on that one.

While you are on an away day Ed, we Irish have already got a foothold in NZ. Personally, excluding America where we are all over the place (and that's just my family) we have made inroads into France, Italy and Spain (apart from Scout in NZ). Scout has taken over your national broadcasting station and soon the plan will evolve. Don't expect to be aware of it though. Once he presses the button, you and your like will start walking towards the sea and never be heard of again.

There will be no WC win in 2011!

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh I hate packing...I think I'll do it tomorrow

> now...I'm really not in the mood...much rather

> play on here...

>

> In a few hours I will no longer have internet

> access...no laptop...no mobile...boo hoo...

I should have got you an iphone for chrimbo instead that way you could be online all of the time and where ever you are. :)

It seems you have made the classic James Bond villian mistake of telling me of your plans of world domination, giving me a chance to stop it Narnia. I'll be sending a coded warning message home shortly, but first I feel an irresistible urge to go for a stroll into the sea.

Anyone know whether LM made it? I've been enjoying the NZ sunshine for the last 4 weeks, very nice indeed down south. Mr Pickle flew out the day before the snow caused chaos, thank goodness. Not looking forward to my return to the UK in early January and the associated weather :'(

Hope you are all having a great festive season!

Hey thanks guys. Hardly any delay...

Spent a fabulous Christmas Day in Singapore and linking up with the forum's mighty Huguenot and his lovely other half - B. Thanks H and B for a (ahem...literally) smashing evening.

It certainly feels good to be out of that wretched snow. Temperature here currently 28 degrees.

Pickle: are you South (as in South Island)? We shall be leaving for the North Island in a few days - may venture South (as in south of the island) but will not be going to the South Island: too much hard work, and something to do next time LOL. Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe flight home. Don't forget to pack a bit of sun for the sun-deprived folk of ED.

Well, hope you all had a lovely time and that all of you who have been plagued by colds/flu/snot are feeling much better.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.

x