Fish and Chip shop on Northcross road

Guest Tamsin Bishop

My parents were down and I took them to Sem's to get their tea (yes 'tea', not supper, we're common) they lapped it all up couldn't get over the portions and said how friendly they were in there. I come from out of town so me and my parents are fussy when it comes to F&C's so Sems' is good but for me it's got to be the Flying Fish in Camberwell, absolutely the puppies privates however I realise that it isn't ED friendly enough for most people.

peckham_perkster Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

for me it's got to be the Flying Fish in Camberwell, absolutely the puppies privates however I realise that it isn't ED friendly enough for most people.

Have to agree with you about the Flying Fish being an excellent F&C shop. I'm lucky enough to work down the road so often pick up food on the way home to ED.

Ko Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Did the Sea Cow open first in ED or Clapham, or

> are there other earlier branches elsewhere?

Star prizes to Sean and downsouth! Paul Rigby from the Sea Cow tells me (when I pointed out the argument that was raging on the EDF):

He says that they are doing lots of Festival stuff now as well so not planning to open any more restaurants. Can confirm they were great at the Isle of Wight Festival last year - it can't be easy tro keep the quality consistently high cooking out of a van.

I have to say I disagree with Quaywe about Seacow. When it first opened it was an amazing eaterie (although you would smell like the inside of a chip pan after dining there ;-) ) with great fresh seafood, alas, in the past year when I've been there for take outs the fish was either undercooked with greasy batter or dried out beyond all recognition of the light delicate cooking that first marked it out as an explemlary "chippie". The chips too were again either undercooked or bullet hard!

So, I have to say (having been there only once) the chippie on northcross is a much better bet! Good sized portions, not great fish but palatable & better value for money!

Hope this helps!

C :)