Waitrose or M&S TYPE supermarket - do we want one on LL?

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Knock down the Iceland? Great idea! Maybe put up a

> 40 story multimillion pound skyscraper in it's

> place with enough room for a Waitrose, mini

> Harrods and a few luxury penthouse apartments,

> maybe even whack a direct tube service to Oxford

> circus (no stops along route). Don't you love

> living in SE22? :-)

>

Come on Louisa - direct route to Knightsbridge please.

Louisa Wrote:

> M&S and a well linked tube line have done little

> to gentrify Brixton beyond what already Had taken

> place in the preceding 20 odd years.

xxxxxx

Brixton has had an M&S in exactly the same location as it is now since at least the mid-sixties and probably earlier.

And the new "Brixton Village" in the market, I would suggest, has gentrified Brixton out of all recognition over the past year. I was there on Saturday and I was astonished at the changes.

adamdb Wrote:

> I'd really like to see an ASDA or LIDL on

> Lordship Lane. The ones in Peckham are cracking

> and it'd be greater to have better value for money

> on the Lane.

xxxxxx

It's a fairly easy walk from ED down to Asda or Lidl in Peckham, so I can't see why we'd need one in ED as well - but I assume you are just winding people up? :))

With sue on this. Blatant wind up. Why would you need two large Asda or Lidl stores with a mile of one another? Not forgetting the other one on Old Kent RD! I think te argument about Waitrose is more the fact that they have no prescence in this part of town,, it's not about value for money or anything else.

Louisa.

I BIG yes to Waitrose. Personally speaking, while the staff at the Co-op are great their grub is poor. I've lost count of the amount of fruit and veg I've got from there that has gone rotten within a few days. It's just not on. That said, the bonus has been that it's made me get my fruit and veg now from the North Cross Road store (what's it called?), which is itself is brilliant.

A shop full of?

Little plastic boxes with small amounts over processed over priced ?Food?

A British take on some Japanese shops only in Japan it tastes great and is priced (in local terms) reasonably.

You know it?s wrong when the packaging costs more than the product.

http://www.designer-daily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/waitrose.jpg

Come on, stop being so silly. What on earth is wrong with spending ?2 on a pot of soup?

Even if you think it tastes bad (I would disagree), if the alternative is to spend an hour of my time making a soup from scratch, give me the Waitrose verion any day!