Next Forum Drinks - Friday 12th October at the George Canning

georgia

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Come on recent arrivals or long-time lurkers -

> let's be 'avin you

Hhmmm, I'd almost worked up the courage this month (after only six months or so of very occasional posting), but I'm working nights this week. Sorry, maybe next month.

Horsebox Wrote:

> hmmm, might come to this but only if ive managed

> to ... stop taking the xanax.

Is that one of those Palindrome pills.....The ones that don't do anything, but make you think they are doing somthing?

I might come along tonight now, but only stay for a couple as I have a 6am start.....I should be easy to spot....all will become apparent.

Roll right trouser leg up if a chap.

Dangle handbag upside down from left elbow if a lady.

Upon meeting suspected fellow forumer, promptly spin thrice widdershins while reciting: snorky snorky belly and bum!

Or, yunno, just say something along the lines of: hello, you from the forum? We're a pretty easy bunch to spot, by and large, just cos we're usually the biggest group in the place.

(I say 'we', but I won't be there myself tonight. Hmph.)

LostThePlot Wrote:

> On a general note, what's the form for introducing

> one's self at these gatherings. Is there a rose to

> be carried, a handshake to be adopted? What's the

> form.....

Myself and my husband will be going this evening so if you remember me from fixing the idiots PC, I'll help you out

Errrmmmm what if you are not a girly girl & dont have a handbag??? Is there a dress code at the GC, my work colleagues said it has recently been gentrified so can I get away with smart jeans & trainer type shoes???

Looking forward to meeting you all, although a tad nervous :-$

Cheers Giddy Gecko

I thought I was managing my drink pretty well last night but judging my my head this morning I may well have been talking sh one t to people last night. Very sorry and all that but once again it was great to meet everyone, including some new faces - namely:

Annasfield

Giddiegecko

Downsouth

LostThePlot

Ultraconsultancy (although strictly speaking he turned up to the birthday party so not quite a newbie

among others.

Might see people at various sporting events this weekend as well - cheers all :)-D

:)) I had a great time thanks to everyone for persuading me out to finally meet you all.... What a lovely crowd of peeps... Thanks especially to Em for making me feel at home & introducing me to everyone & for making me laugh so bloody much.... thanks to Piers for being a perfect gentleman (I knew you would be)... Well I could go on & thank you all individually but a) it would take forever ... b) I might miss someone out & offend & 3) Oh... I am at work & should getting ready to protect the mean streets of Bermondsey

Thank again one & ALL :)-D ~ Looking forward to the next one

Cheers Giddy Gecko x