Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2011)

Hi Anya/Ladies

A group of us on here met a few weeks back in a pub in Camberwell which was really nice and we agreed to try and sort out a picnic in Peckham Rye park in near future.

Shall we try and go for 7th May for a picnic and if the weather turns crappy then we can go to the Herne Pub opposite for food and drinks!! (http://www.theherne.net/home)

We have bank holidays etc in between now and then which I presumed most of you would want to spend with your other halves (or not in some cases).

What do we all think this date okay?

Anya - in regards to doing pilates I would love to try this but am i too late at 32 weeks?

Claudine x

Hi lady ruskin

let's see how many people can make it ion this date before confirming it, I'm just a bit worried about prolonging it anymore as few of us would have had our babies!!

I'll probably see you Anya pilates if i can do it at 32 weeks!!

Claudine

Hi all.

I won't be able to make the 7th May picnic as have a friend's hen do that day. Hopefully you'll have nice weather for it. Will keep an eye out for any other meet up dates.

Oh and if anyone has some nice black maternity trousers that I can borrow for the hen do... please let me know! I only have a work pair (that aren't very nice) and jeans. Size 14-ish and short leg...am 5"3. Trying to avoid spending money on something that won't be worn much.

Lx

Audrey - I have been told over and over by midwives and at the scan that my baby is on the big side.. one technician even said 'your baby has a chubby tummy'. I wasn't impressed by that but after hearing from so many other mums that were told their baby was big and it wasn't right that I relaxed a bit. My fundal height has been measuring 2 weeks ahead since 18weeks. What p****s me off is pp saying 'oh my, you look like you about to give birth'... some people are so insensitive...

btw May 7th sounds great! fx for nice weather :-)

Aaargh I'm not around on May 7th, what a shame! next time hopefully.

Anya I'm definitely up for antenatal pilates! I'm doing yoga once a week, which I'm very much enjoying, but anything else that can alleviate backache and prepare me for D day :-S would be great! My living room is on the smallish side so not sure it would be the best venue for it!

Nadia x

So at the moment we have

Who can make 7th

Claudine

Kapaxiana

Rennet (potential)

Ris 2011

who can't make 7th

Nadia

Lady Ruskin

Lenster

Lets see how many others can make it on this date before confirming i don't suppose the 8th is any better for everyone?

God we could start a long train of mails here!!!

Claudine x

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted before, but it was really nice to meet everyone and their bumps a few weeks ago. How is everyone feeling now? I've hit the 33 week mark and it's all starting to feel a bit more uncomfortable now. Counting down the days until my maternity leave starts though!!

I would love to do a picnic but my sister is throwing me a baby shower on the 7th (not sure if I should be slightly apprehensive about this!) but yes I could do the 8th. Peckham Rye park is perfect for me as I can walk there from my flat. There's a nice new cafe opened over the road if the weather isn't so sunny as well?

If not keep me updated with any potential dates you're all meeting up as it'll be lovely to know other new Mums in the area. I'll be off work from the beginning of May so will be a lot more flexible with times and dates then!

Rachel X

Hello there

I think 7th May should be fine although pregnancy brain means I may of course have forgotten something! So, if I haven't forgotten anything, count me in!

Re: being too late for starting pilates, I can honestly say it's really never too late to start doing gentle exercise in pregnancy, and at 32 weeks there's potentially up to 10 weeks left to go where you can take something from pilates. It's mainly the strengthening of the pelvic floor, and maybe more importantly learning how to release the pelvic floor, that can be of the most benefit in the later weeks and for birth. And it really can alleviate back aches, give you a little bit more room to breathe by opening up the chest and lengthening the spine, and generally lift the spirits which can only be a good thing in our current state!

I'm away this weekend but I'll be working from home a bit more over the next few weeks (I'm writing a book about Pilates which is perfect for being able to avoid a horrible train commute in late pregnancy!) so if anyone wants to do any weekend or afternoon pilates at any point let me know

And if not, look forward to chatting more on 7th May!

Anya x

Hi Ladies,

I'm pretty sure I could make a picnic on the 7th - or a dinner at the pub. Both involve food and therefore are fine by me!! I fear i'm a little bit behind you all though being due right at the end of the summer - are any of you due in August?

This is my first pg (and i'm the first of my friends) so would be keen to meet up with other local ladies who can relate to how i'm feeling!!

Annie x

I'm afraid we're away that weekend too.

It would seem we are highly likely to be moving out of ED a couple of weeks before our due date (still nowhere to go to yet though. Arrgh no stress here)!

Although I shall dipping in and out of the forum from somewhere in the UK, I'm not sure I'll actually be around to meet many of the Summer Babies in person. If I can make the meet ups before/after baby then I definitely will but probably best not to factor me in your counting as I feel as though I'm not the most reliable person at the moment!!

Px

Sadly my living room is tiny, just about big enough for me to do pilates on my own!

Peckham Rye park is always good for a spot of pilates when the weather is nice, last summer I was training a postnatal friend of mine and we did a lot of relaxing Pilates and yoga under a tree in the fresh air which ups the benefits even more I think.

I'm fairly chocka with work and teaching for the next two weeks, but in May would love to find a time for some prenatal pilates and getting to know other mums to be in the area.

I am freelance so technically not on "maternity leave" really at all (argh), but I am planning on only working from home from June, and am finishing all my other teaching commitments end of May, so I will have lots of time for pilates get togethers then.

Anya x

I can do both days so I am happy with whichever day most pp can make it. I think Pilates at the park is a great idea or perhaps we could start a gentle walking bump group? I am really worried about the lack of exercise over here.. :-)

I only start my maternity leave from the second week of June..can't wait!

Hello everyone,

I'm afraid I cant make the 7th either as my friends are planning something for me - in my house AND they'll probably get hammered knowing them! Am free on the 8th. Good choice of location tho - lets face it we are going to need toilet facilities!

I'd love to get involved in any pre/post natal yoga and pilates if anything is being organised. I have a fair size spare room (although with a far size bed in it) that could be used maybe? And also a walking group now that the weather is better and evenings lighter.

Starting mat leave 20th May although I might bring that forward a week (tho my boss has said he is not letting me leave on Friday 13th as HE is superstitious!). Had a mini faint this morning it felt properly horrible, tho didn't call MAU in case they called me in as I was just too knackered to move! Baby has been moving all afternoon so he's ok, just think I was overtired after travelling yesterday. Plus have this random 'awake hour' around 5am?!? Darren reckons its getting ready for interrupted sleep, but enough already, let me sleep while I can!

I know Kapaxiana & Reneet, I am back at work tomorrow after a week off and a) god only knows whats going to fit, and b) I can hear the sharp intakes of breath over my size as they haven't seen me in a week and a half.

Hi everyone - I'm new to this thread and due on 25th July. I'm gutted I missed the 2nd April meet-up and actually am not around on the 7th May but could do the 8th if the date were to change. Just keep us posted on this thread as to which one you decide on. Peckham Rye park is my favourite. I have a dog and walk there daily (although back ache seems to be cutting my walks shorter and shorter these days).

Speaking of back ache, I'd LOVE to get involved with a pilates group, in someone's house or in a park. I've been doing some lessons in the Peckham Pulse on a wednesday and they are really good but I keep missing them because of other plans.

I was also told the other day that my baby is big (but from 'feel' not from scan). Oh well, let's hope he/she comes a bit early then! Does anyone else feel like thier baby is 'knocking' from the inside of the tummy at this stage? Apparently its lying width-ways, which is very uncomfortable at times but guess it must be comfy for bubs!

Congratulations everyone and I hope we all get to meet some day.

Kimberley xx

Hi Kimberley, and welcome!

Anja, get those classes organised NOW! I would love to do pilates. I did try one class in East Dulwich some weeks ago, but the teacher failed to inspire me. I've been doing yoga, but would like to do as much as possible before birth, so as to ensure I'm reasonably fit/physically aware, and pilates sounds great.

I can't do the 7th, but could do the 8th... Should we set up a voting system?!

QMx

hello everyone

let's go with 8th shall we as over 9 people who can make it as opposed to less on the 7th? we can then do one evening somewhere for those who couldn't make it.

I normally go walking over Peckham rye park every weekend sat and sun in morning for bout hour so if anyone is up for a walk then come join it would be good to not be the only one to resemble one of the ducks waddling around would also love pilates in park sounds great!! park shuts at 8.30 weekdays so quite a good time.

shall we all aim to take a blanket and a bit of food each and meet in the middle picnic bit (no dogs are allowed in there its fenced off) by the japanese gardens at around 1.30ish on the 8th may?

Claudine

Sounds FAB!

Am up for involving the menfolk, but easy if people have strong views either way.

Anyone else feel like they've been pregnant for about a gazillion years?? BORED already! And still 8 weeks to go...... I know its nothing, feels like an eternity.