Car Vandalism

spark67

Sorry to put up another crime post :/ But last night ( jan 30th) someone decided to go down the street I live and vandalise my car and my neighbours by scratching the word "vex" into the paint work on the bonnet in quite large letters. It happened on Underhill road near the cemetery, and I believe we were not the only ones. With this and my car being broken into 3 weeks ago I can already hear my Insurance premiums crashing through the roof skywards.

The reason I am posting is that the police want to know if anyone else was affected along this road.

Seir Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I saw black Porsche Carrera parked in underhill

> road tonight with same letters scratched on its

> bonned

Ouch that sounds very expensive! This mindless vandalism bothers me in a big way.

spark67 Wrote:

> With this and my car being broken into 3 weeks ago I can

> already hear my Insurance premiums crashing

> through the roof skywards.

If they have only scratched the paint, I'd suggest getting it re-sprayed out of your own pocket - will probably be cheaper in the long run. (Obviously if they have etched right into the metal, it's a bigger job).

mine too, underhill rd, impreza bonnet scratched with VEX, crazy as it sounds... at least it wasnt personal, thought id got some sort of crazy stalker....still got quoted 260 to repair, whole bonnet respray...joy... dont you just love mindless people.

not quite the same but lots of car's on Goodrich were scratched during the snow before Christmas. Looked as though someone had walked down the road with something like a metal coat hanger dragging it along every car as they went.

Our car's were (unfortunately) parked next to one another so both were scratched. I was relieved when I realised it was lots of cars effected too. It somehow feels worse if you think you have been singled out, not that I would wish what happened on anyone (if that makes sense ?!?!?).

I just think if someone actually get's pleasure out of something so pointless and downright nasty then they must be a very miserable individual! To be pitied!

Haven't claimed and don't intend to, its not worth the hike in premiums.

MsDulwich Wrote:

> I and two other people have had our cars broke

> into (via the back quarter window). We are just

> off Underhill Road. Any suggestions as to what can

> be done ? (ie is it worth getting carwatch type

> posters printed)?

Thats how they broke into my car on underhill three weeks ago

Young police officer popped around today, he said there was a lot of people affected...definitely not going through the insurance, i just cant afford the hikes in premiums, i have claimed 3 times so far and every time my car was parked outside my front door & i wasn't any where near it. Once when someone hit as it as they drove past and drove off whilst it was parked, then the break in and now this..sheesh..not sure if its worth having it now its just an old banger !

I have to say I am strongly in favour of vigilante action. Decent law abiding citizens have got to stand up and give these so called people a bloody good kicking. The hug a hodie tea and biscuits approach plainly does not work. Its the only language these "people" understand.

• 2 months later...

At about 1am this morning, a loud crash woke us up. Some w*nker had decided to snap off the wing mirror of our car, which was parked in front of our house. What is wrong with with these people?!

Edit: just got the quote... 160 quid down the drain. All because some kid's football team lost.

• 2 weeks later...

My elderly father had two of his car tyres slashed on Goodrich Road on Friday night/Saturday morning. He's pretty sure he didn't pee anyone off but judging by these posts, seems it was a pointless act by some random person.

Oh boy.....