Missing Tabby from Upland Road - now safely home

I've just spent a sleepless night as our male brown Tabby didn't come home last night. We last saw him yesterday morning and he is wearing a red colour with a silver disc with my phone number on it. Please could everyone check garages and sheds in case he's been locked in?

He's only 4 years old and we miss him.

Many thanks,

Jen

Hi,

We are just about at the junction of Underhill Road. No photos on me as at work now. He's a dark brown tabby with long white whiskers. His underside is more caramel in colour. His collar is red with golden stars on it, and a silver disc with my number which is 07951 102 241. I'm really hoping he's ok and be there when I get home, just concerned if he's been locked in anywhere or even lying low in someones garden as there is another tabby nearby and they are not friends. If he's not home when I get back I'll put a photo up.

Thank you,

Jen

Hi Jen,

I'm near the intersection with Underhill as well, so will keep an eye out - chances are you'll find him curled up all warm and snug when you get home this evening. Does he generally go out the road side of Upland, or out the back into the gardens?

I hope the other tabby you refer to isn't mine?! He's a grey fluffy tabby... roams all over the place, we're yet to discover where he actually spends his days and I hope he's not terrorising your cat! He's only a year old.

Anyway, I'll be out for a walk later and will definitely look out for him. Good luck.

Hi there,

My boyfriend is home now but no sign of him, though we don't know if he might have been in and then gone out again.

Don't think it's your cat honey, the other is another brown tabby and he's apparently about at the moment so mine may well be in hiding, but am worried as it's so cold and miserable at the moment. I've never seen him out the front before and believe he sticks to the gardens so backing onto Friern Road. I want to be positive but am so worried about him.

Would really appreciate if you do keep your eyes open for him.

Thank you

Jen

Hi Jen,

When our cat went missing, it turned out he'd snuck into a nearby house that was empty through the cat-flap and couldn't get out again. There's a very good chance this is what happened to your cat. Might be worth asking whichever estate agents operate in your area if they would mind keeping an eye out for him in any vacant properties they do viewings at.

Also worth letting the local vets have the details. Has your cat been chipped?

Not being a cat owner, I find it interesting that what I see as a reasonably large number of cats go missing. What is it with them? Do they get sick of their owner, literraly get lost and can't find their way back home, or what? I'm forever seeing posters around ED featuring lost cats. Nero

Thanks Carter, Have just phoned the vet, thanks for the reminder didn't enter my head and is so obvious. Will let the agents know too.

Nero, He is a much loved cat and perfectly happy but as I mentioned he has been having stand offs with another Tabby so he may either be avoiding further confrontation or hurt. The other possiblity of being trapped somewhere is also on my mind.

Any sightings or advice most grateful,

Jen

Hi Jen,

Just thinking about a couple of the places I contacted when my cat went MIA.

I would check with Battersea to see if they've had any recent arrivals (same cat ended up there once, too!). Also there's the Missing Pets Bureau (www.missingpetsbureau.com), where you can post details and a pic of your cat. There's a few others too (http://www.nationalpetregister.org; http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/lost_cat_page.htm).

One other thing you might want to try is to give a picture of your cat to the local dustmen and milkmen. As they're around at the crack of dawn, they may come across him. I was surprised how friendly and keen to help these guys were.

There's a very reassuring website I just came across which hopefully will help and put your mind at rest -

http://www.soyouhavelostyourcat.co.uk.

Do please let us know when you find him.

Thank you all so much, after spending the evening worrying and putting together a poster and registering on various websites for lost pets, he walked through the cat flap 5 minutes ago!! He has just hoovered up 3 sachets of cat food and a large quantity of biscuits.

Thanks so much for the kind words and helpful advice, they have been the only things getting me through the day.

Hugs,

Jen xx

Great news, I'm so glad he's home safely... what a handsome man he is too! I'm sure people thought I was strange yesterday when out for my afternoon walk with baby in tow peeking into people's front gardens to see if I could spot your cat!!

Well I had a good nights sleep last night I can tell you! However it was odd that when he came in he wasn't cold or wet given the weather. He didn't smell the same as normal either, wonder if he did get stuck somewhere or was hiding out from 'El Gringo' which is how we refer to the other tabby on the block. Either way we are glad he's home, though anxious he doesn't do that again in a hurry.

Thanks again for all the advice and detective work!

Jen x

JenniferJ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> He has just hoovered up 3 sachets of cat food and a

> large quantity of biscuits.

Sounds good to me, go out for a jolly up with your mates, roll in when you like, and get treated like a king.

And you wonder why they go missing...

Seriously, glad he turned up safe and well.