Sunday school at church

Kimmy1080

We go to the Christingle each year at St Johns. And I have been to the playgroup at allsaints and they avertised some family church events. BotH Would be good to try, I am not up enough on christianity to know wht specific flaVour they are i am afraid... in fact i'm an atheist personally.

St johns and also the church in dulwich village have linked schools, i believe

St Saviours, on the corner of Herne Hill Road and Finsen Road, Herne Hill. The church has a very busy childrens church, with a creche for little ones, to age-based groups for children aged about 2.5years onward. There is also a Church of England primary school.

There is always someone greeting people outside, and after the service the children play in the school playground, (after a quick biscuit and glass of juice.) If you want to pm me if you want to make an arrangement for tomorrow or the week after.

Hope you find somewhere good for you all!

Hi Kim,

We go to Herne Hill Baptist Church (www.hernehillbaptistchurch.org) and my 3 boys (7, 3, and 1) love going to the sunday school, so we would be happy to meet you there one sunday. PM me if you are interested.

I have several friends who go to St Saviours (listed above) which is also excellent and very family friendly. All Saints Peckham also has a large and lively sunday school so would recommend that too.

alison

we started attending st barnabas (dulwich village) which has a sunday school attached to it. despite trying to chat with others and become involved we didn't find it particuarly friendly (perhaps a bit clicky?). st johns seems like a pleasent church though (goose green) i dont know if they have a sunday school attached though?

I'm afraid I have to agree with duchess' re St Barnabas & I've been attending there on & off for 15 years :(. It is very cliquey, & I have raised on more than one occasion how unwelcoming they are to new people & families in particular. However I don't attend with anything approaching enough regularity for my voice to have any power for change. Sadly I'd have to advise you to look elsewhere for a warm welcome. I've heard All Saints in Peckham is lovely for families. Good luck.

St. John's has a parent-run cr?che and a Sunday school - there's an expectation that school age kids will be in the latter, not the former. The vicar and the administration are very friendly and inclusive, and there are people in sashes who are specifically there to greet new congregants. The parents, like all groups, are some friendly and some not.

My friend goes to St Clements off Barry Road, she has been raving about how friendly it is and we are planning to go with her for the first time tomorrow. Send me a pm if you would like to join us (they usually have a sunday school but the days when it is not on they run an 'all ages' service.

Hi Kimmy

we have Junior Church at St Antony with St Silas on the corner of Ivydale Road and Merttins Road SE15 (Nunhead). It's fairly small - usually about 6 - 10 children and 2 adults. The service is at 10.30am and the chiildren start off in the service with their parents then go through to a smaller room. It's a mixture of Bible stories, how can we be good / Christian in our own lives and usually a bit of history, geography and handicraft thrown in. Last week we made scrolls of the type the Apostle Paul would have written having discussed first the lack of computers, mobile and aeroplanes in his day.

We go to All Saints in West Dulwich, having tried St Barnabas for a bit, and given up. It's a lovely welcoming church, full of young families and the set up is great with a kids corner to one side of the main congregation with drawing/toys etc so that parents can participate in the service with young kids (there is also a junior church for 3+). They also hold a "Small Saints" service on Fridays at 10am - which is a mini service for toddlers (about 10 min or so with bell-ringing at the beginning), followed by playing/craft activities for the toddlers and coffee for the mums. We really love going.