When is Rocca in Dulwich Village opening?

rebeccaben

"friends" of pizza express? Or actual employees. They are a little worried methinks

Le Piaf was empty constantly because it was rubbish. Rocca is far from empty because people can see it's far from rubbish. It isn't perfect but to dismiss it in favour of Pizza Express (by 3 first timers)?

Rocca compared to Piaf

Nicer environment.

Competent and attentive staff

Reasonable prices.

The most important thing about any restaurant is the food.

And

The food in Rocca is Garbage.

Why not try ?Ask Pasta? , ?Strada? in town

or ?Lorenzo?s? up at Crystal Palace.

Rocca?s sauces are bland as I said a Lloyd Grossman in a jar would be infinitely better.

A plate of pasta costs a few pennies you can?t get cheaper food so to fail at a simple pasta dish is incompetence or as I stated maybe it?s the water in the village!

Pizza Express is expensive and only the pizza is worth having.

The village is still lacking an average restaurant it has 4 poor ones?.

If the management don?t employ chefs who can cook and taste the food the produce the deserve to fail.

I have no axe to grind I just wish there was some good food in the village.

The title should be changed to

"When is Rocca in Dulwich Village closing?"

Don't be fooled by Pizza Express. I used to work there and the food is far from fresh. The pasta arrives frozen and so does the dough for the pizza. They don't even make their own tiramisu any more.

Ask pasta is also owned by Pizza Express, so it would be the same thing if it came to the Village.

Rocca is good value and freshly prepared at least....

The village is poorly served I agree. We disagree about how bland the sauce is in rocca but your alternatives are just as bland. Ask? Not only bland but take tips from staff to pay minimum wage. And the buzz in rocca is much better than ask or strada

Ate in Rocca two weekends ago, it was just what you'd expect from an average chain Italian themed restaurant. Nothing special, but could have been worse.

Also if you're paying ?8.35 for a tuna salad, we expected more than a salad with an upturned tin of tuna - still in the tuna can shape - on the top. Pizza was ok nothing more, and pasta was distinctly average.

Just an opinion. Try it, it might have been an off day and you might like it, but I won't be going back.

All these Italian restaurant chains - Bella Pasta, Strada, Zizzi etc - are all crap and they give you miserly portions. You can't beat a proper old fashioned authentic Italian restaurant..Il Bordello in Wapping High Street and Donna Margherita in Lavender Hill are well worth the journey.

The lobster spaghetti at Il Bordello is amazing.(tu)

Don't think Franco Manca and Rocca are owned by the same people.

Whether Rocca is a chain or not is irrelevant I?ve been to Italian chain resturants and the food has been good.

And just because one of the owners is Italian doesn?t mean he know anything about good food even Italians eat plenty of McDonalds.

Comments like the service is good and the place is nice are irelevant.

Enjoy the service.. But

The food in Rocca is Awful.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you have anything to add fazer71 to the forum

> in general apart from slagging off a place where

> you don't like the food? That's all you've posted

> about so far.

What's wrong with you lot on here? Frightened to call a spade a spade? Too shy to speak your mind ?

Laughable responses from members who havn?t even been there!

I?ve been I?ve eaten and I?ve told ?You and Rocca? what I thought.

My view is spend your money elsewhere.

The Forum title says

"The place to discuss East Dulwich property, pubs, shops, services, transport, planning issues?

Doesn't that cover restaurants?

What benefit would there be to forum members if I went to a restaurant which was awful and came onto the forum saying it was good? None!

I?ve mentioned other resturants which are good / excellent.

But IMHO Rocca?s pasta sauces "tasteless" and salads "cheap packet type" are rubbish and my advice is Avoid Rocca as it is very very very poor?..

Fazer 71.

You are obviously on a mission to discount this local restaurant for some reason.

What they offer is unpretentious good food that is well priced. The wine list is particularly good value.

I urge members to try it for themselves.

Since registering on the forum Fazer71 appears to have made a total of 9 posts, of which, er, 9 are abusing Rocca. Coincidence?

(Edited to correct small typo.)

Go and TRY Rocca???if you know good food.

It would have been two posts on this subject.

But as I?ve mentioned there are idiotic comments from members who haven?t even been to Rocca and unnecessary comments aimed at me.

I've obviously touched a nerve.

I have written on the forum in the past on other subjects.

As I said at the start I have no axe to grind.

Why do you insist on shooting the messenger?

When it?s ?Chef? at Rocca you should be shooting!

I think Fazer must work for Pizza Express - like their food - bland and frozen

Rocca is owned by the same people as Franco Manca

Why dont you look up Guiseppe Mascoli and see the link between the instead of harping on about this endlessly

There was a queue there tonight when I passed by after work. Its Monday night!

Very Funny

What is the point of expressing an opinion on here you?ll just get accused of bias or working for the competition.

Sorry but I wouldn?t have started this if I?d known the more I say it?s black the more forum members would be saying no no no it?s white?.

Very funny.

What is so last year is not accepting someone else?s opinion...?

After all it?s just my opinion.

I do hope we get a few balanced comments about Rocca

Just to clarify

Whether or not I?ve written on here before is irrelevant. ?What has that to do with anything??

I do NOT work for any restaurant chain I have NO axe to grind.

But what ever I write here there?ll be some with a conspiracy theory.

The same people must have a comparably poor palette.

Maybe the more I say Rocca is rubbish the more business they will do..

You can be sure of one thing I will never eat that poor quality flavourless small portion of barely edible food the try and pass of as Italian pasta.

V Funny

It points to your credibility fazer71.

You look like a first time poster who has come on the forum, anonymously trashed a local business 9 times and not contributed to anything else. This is what people do when they've got an axe to grind

It's possible you are honest and open, but in the words of James Riley, "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."

It's also worth pointing out that protesting your innocence doesn't make any difference - that's what serial killers and their mums do. If you want people to perceive you as a generally honest and positive contributor, then start being positive and start contributing somethin of value instead of smearing restaurants.