When is Rocca in Dulwich Village opening?

rebeccaben

That old chestnut.

The fact ?I say? there isn?t one good restaurant in the village obviously points me being a duck? That V Funny!

Rather than a very disappointed consumer who?s had to suffer dreadful food at every turn in the Village.

Now I?m expecting another bunch of imbeciles who haven?t been to CRocca ?S4!T? to start going on about how bad I am. When it?s CRocca Poo that?s bad.

No it's the combination of that allegation, the repetitive way in which you put it across, the fact that you're a new poster, and the fact that you don't post on any other subject.

Ninety nine times out of a hundred thst would make you dodgy.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------

> It's also worth pointing out that protesting your

> innocence doesn't make any difference - that's

> what serial killers and their mums do. If you want

> people to perceive you as a generally honest and

> positive contributor, then start being positive

> and start contributing somethin of value instead

> of smearing restaurants.

As close to a Godwin as you can get without getting your credibility burnt

Witch hunt?. ?

Back on subject?.

Anyone got a good restaurant they can recommend for Lunch in and around East Dulwich or the Village maybe one I havn?t noticed?

I quite like the palmerston ?expensive? and thai corner caf? ?when open? and ganapati ?quality?.

Or if I?m on for a Caf? I quite like the one next to property inn and the shoe shop on L Lane.

Anyone ?

Poor Fazer, in amongst the shower of bullets there are some nuggets of good advice there, the main one being you have made and defended your point repeatedly, time to move on. Pkease feel free to comment on any of my million threads,I welcome a fiery spirit.

It's all a learning curve, those long-timers tend to be harsh on us newbies, it's all part of the etiquette training..

But a good start at recovery.

I doubt there's much around here that's not known about, though Le Moulin seems to have an SEP field around it.

It has its yeasayers around here (most notably the legendary Louisa) but I haven't been. If I get an urge for angel delight and prawn cocktail* I'll be willing to give it a go.

I second Ganapati, the closest thing we have to a hidden gem in the area.

* in all fairness I may be doing the place a disservice, especially never having been.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So I saw. If we all liked the same things it'd be

> a dull world.

true, true... you hated ganapati Frank but loved two sisters tandoori which i found very disappointing - takes all sorts.

Maxxi, I think that's a misreading of Godwins Law, which involves the concept of Reductio Ad Absurdum

I wasn't trying to compare fazer71 to a serial killer, nor trying to use hyperbole to win a specious argument - I was merely trying to point out that protesting one's innocence was a waste of breath: it's the evidence that counts.

I was also joking, which is notoriously absent from Godwin's interpretation.

Huncamuncas law of the internet states that anyone who uses/ quotes or references Godwins law at any point, even if it is tongue in cheek and Ironic. is quite frankly, a tiresome and unoriginal drone. As the Italians would say - Basta.

Snorky's law

From Edipedia, the free and nonsense local encyclopaedia

:X - Mr Snorky, formulator of the "law"

Snorky's law (also known as The Recursive Godwin Rule, The Rule of Nazi Analogy Analogies or Snorky's Law of Tiresome Bollox)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mr Snorky in 2011[2] which has become an Internet adage. It states: "anyone who uses/ quotes or references Godwins[sic] law at any point, even if it is tongue in cheek and Ironic.[sic] is quite frankly,[sic] a tiresome and unoriginal drone"

One of the other less well known laws of Huncamunca regards the tiresome use of Grammatical and punctuatation pendantry that serves as a response or counterpoint to a preceding post , usually as a means to humilate or show a lack of intelligence in the OP and/or a demonstation of educational achievement,invariably places responder further into tiresome drone category.

I would never dream of suggesting a lack of intelligence as you clearly are as sharp as they come. A little misguided maybe, but that's another story ;-P

So safe to assume I was going for some common or garden humiliation, whilst simultaneously showing my appreciation for your caustic wit in a demonstration of my ambivalence; my post was after all an homage, not an attack.

Very interesting...

But fazer71 has got a point I thought rocca was really awful.

So still not suggestions of anywhere to get a decent lunch around dulwich "east and village or near?"

Maybe it's a hopeless request or maybe average to poor quality is what is accepted by locals?

I notice that you edited your post to include your blight against Rocca, are you in cahoots with Fazer71? Hehe

Why don't you try the Rye pub on Peckham Rye - they are having a food festival this weekend. I've tried the vietnamese offering at Broadway Market - that was 'yummy'