Dog Crap

How the hell can we stop this happening on the streets. Lordship Lame is absolutely full of it, especially the library end.

It's not fair on the residents, pedestrians, the piles of kids or indeed the street cleaner himself.

I feel it happens earlier in the morning - is there some sort of repellant that can be put down? Is there anything the council can do?

If you have a dog you should always be prepared to pick up after it, I don't understand what the problem is, every coat/bag I own has poo bags in the pockets, I even pulled them out of a pocket of a black coat that I have never worn to the park whilst at a funeral :-$ no excuse, lazy buggers.

Completely agree... I have a toddler that wants to walk everywhere and its horrible to have to steer her out of the way of some dog poo that someone hasn't bothered to pick up! And its not the pittball dog owners you think it would be - I saw some dulwich private school teens skulk away from their dogs poo last summer, right after it pooed right behind my little girl. Disgusting. More needs to be done, just not sure of the solution?

Can I refer all current readers and Mr/Mrs/Ms Administrator to the award-winning threat that I started over a year ago entitled "What to do about all the dog pooh in Dulwich?" In it, all readers can find out how to contact council to sort out the mess. I also looking for anyone to support me in my endeavour to make Dulwich a dog pooh free zone. Zero tolerance, extreme prejudice!

I meant thread not threat....but hey, clearly we need to threaten the offenders with some clear consise action. Zero tolerance extreme prejudice!

TonyQuinn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can I refer all current readers and Mr/Mrs/Ms

> Administrator to the award-winning threat that I

> started over a year ago entitled "What to do about

> all the dog pooh in Dulwich?" In it, all readers

> can find out how to contact council to sort out

> the mess. I also looking for anyone to support me

> in my endeavour to make Dulwich a dog pooh free

> zone. Zero tolerance, extreme prejudice!

i am a dog owner who walks my dog on a lead and always clear up afterwards. the problem is a few owners of larger dogs (generally) that are not on a lead and free to roam and pooh where they like. these owners dont care about yellow painted pavement signs - they are a waste and make the place look scruffy. you're kidding yourself if u think the graffiti on the pavement will help...

to help stop the problem the council need to patrol the streets occassionally and fine those irresponsible owners. i have confronted 2 owners recently who didnt clear up and by their attitude they really couldn't care. only something official will sort it!

thanks for the toip of free bags at the library btw!

Let me know details of where, when and who (description of owner and dog) and i will endeavour to catch and fine them. It's a part of my job that I love.

PS. You can also obtain free dog bags at housing offices or the parks buildings at Peckham Rye and Dulwich Park

nancysmum Wrote:

> why is the council spending on money on giving out

> free bags to collect dog poo? seems a waste of

> money. surely, if you have a dog, you can afford

> your own bags, even if they are old shopping bags?

in contrary to the old shopping bags these are biodegradable, that's what makes difference

nununoolio Wrote:

> Let me know details of where, when and who

> (description of owner and dog) and i will

> endeavour to catch and fine them. It's a part of

> my job that I love.

>

> PS. You can also obtain free dog bags at housing

> offices or the parks buildings at Peckham Rye and

> Dulwich Park

Do you carry out surveillance operations? I know there are two / three irresponsible dog owners in my area. I cannot identify them despite looking over the last few months - it would seem I'm not around at the right time. The council did respond to my request to clean up and repaint the "bin it & bag it" stencils but the problem remains.

The solution is simple, if you see someone failing to clear up after their dog, follow them home then wait until dark and curl one out on their front step.

Would be interesting to find out how many penalties Southwark enforce in a year for this, not many I suspect