Four Lions

jumpinjackflash

I watched the Chris Morris film '4 Lions' last week and again this weekend. It's absolutely hilarious. Has anyone else seen it? Would be interested to see if anyone was actually offended by it given the subject of the film ( Jihad Islamic terrorists).

If you haven't seen it you need to..haven't laughed at a film like that in years!

Yes and I enjoyed it.

Brave of Morris to do it in terms of topic. Most of our current comics stick to 'safer' religions rightly or wrongly.

Film did not condone the subject matter but put it into 'human' context.

Not a deep film by any means but both extremely funny and reasonably thought provoking.

I regularly use the innovative avoidence tactic for face recognition CCTV when out and about in London......

taper Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like Chris Morris a lot. But I thought it was

> rather gentle compared with his usual approach.

Agreed, more gentle in approach but not in subject. I think that it worked better as a feature length film because of this.

I am a big fan of Morris and enjoy all of the radio and television stuff but the format for these is shorter so maybe needs/is best with the more full on approach. Having said that Nathan Barley is the only thing that I have not got into as yet. Don't know why, but it doesn't grab me. Only seen a couple of episodes so maybe need to revisit.

CM has without a doubt the twisted brain-wrong of a one-off man mental.

Thanks jumpinjackflash. While I was bored to tears in a bus in the Regent St/Haymarket/Trafalgar gridlock on Monday, I saw your post and managed to figure how to order the movie from Amazon on my mobile. And it arrived yesterday. Been meaning to see it for ages.

• 3 years later...