Baby names

dollydaydream Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apparently Tui is Maori, can be both boys or girls

> name pronounced Too ee, meaning Honeyeater bird,

> parson bird,reknowned for it's beauty,

> intelligence and song.

Yes, my friend worked out there for a while and named is daughter as a result

We know a 7yr old girl called Scout on the whole To Kill a Mockingbird theme - really gives the age away of the parents who studied it for o' level. I love it and Atticus too, although thought we were doing girl's names here?

Whatever you choose you will encounter another with the same name along the line. I was in Just Williams last summer with my 9yr old daughter and called over to her. A dad next to me in the queue said oh my daughter is called that and pointed to a toddler in a pram nearby. I smiled and said that we had encountered a few with the same name over the years and we all nodded politely. Until his snooty missus joined the queue and he told her 'this lady has a daughter also called xxx' and the stroopy mare announced 'oh I hate it when someone else uses our name' - should have been more original love and get over yourself ...

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder whether it might be a bit tough to go

> through life being called Boo, though. Lovely

> nickname or family name though, full of affection.

:) This is my daughter's nickname...Isaboo (Isabel) and boo for short!

My daughter and her partner could not agree on a girl's name but decided girl or boy it would be called Morgan. So we have Morgan Heather. There was only one other female Morgan in her primary school.

Baby number 2 was threatened with Travis or Lennon, but after he was born Morgan was asked whether he should be called Euan/Ewen or Owen - we now have Owen John and he is one of several Owen's in his school

Some names suit 'young people' only can you imagine a 80 year old being called Chardonnay/Tracey/Paris?

If we had a boy the choice was Marek, Luke or Matthew. ( We had 3 girls)

I really wanted Hero for MiniKatsu if he was a girl, but MrKatsu was not keen i.e. too unusual, she might get bullied etc. Minikatsu turned out to be a boy so that was that. BUT now Mylene Klass has named her baby girl Hero and arrrgghhhhh! Now if I ever have a daughter everyone will think I'm c

copying Myleene Klass!

Oh the names we can't use that haunt us! I love Siena (the town, and it has been special to me and my husband since he lived there in 2000) and wanted to use it as a girl's name ever since! Then Ms Millet came along with her over exposure and spoilt it all! Similarly I was beginning to think a certain lovely girls name that had previously been associated with Eastenders might be up for use again... And then 'Bianca' only went and came back dint (sic!) she??? Still theoretically hanker after both those names...