northcross rd 12/10/07 4.20pm

lilolil

It's a good idea that he also suggested when he met with the girl's mother after walking her home, so the mother reported it to the police along with both his and the girl's descriptions of the bullies. Unfortunately the victim didn't recognise the group of girls, and said that they'd asked her which school she went to - I can't remember which one he said it is, but it isn't a local school - and she'd, perhaps unwisely, told them (as opposed to their knowing/recognising her and vice versa).

Hy il make sure we keep a look out on Lordship lane,this is terrible iv had to stop kids bullying other kids before.Hopefully this wont happen again,however if it does most of the businesses in East Dulwich have a business watch box,if anything suspicious happens we press the alert button,it works well,other retailers come to the point of alert.Dont worry we will keep our eyes peeled

Just to add that was the same line they asked my daughter..."What school do you go to?? "She had school uniform on, and as it is a local school, it seemed strange that they didnt recognise it.

Maybe this is just their opening line????

It does sound like the same group and I am looking out for them !!!!!!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if this has already been said, but I suspect at least one of this group lives on Crystal Palace Road across from the CPT. I was having a smoke outside a couple of days ago, and saw 3 girls who could quite easily match this description.

It also made me remember that a couple of years ago Mrs Keef was coming to meet me at the CPT, and was stopped just around the corner by a group of girls asking for money. She told them to F**k off, and they did (I think they were quite shocked that she didn't seem scared). However, 2 years on, they will have grown in physical stature and confidence, so it could well have been the same bunch.

I shall keep my eyes peeled, as I'm quite often at the CPT, and now out of community spirit, I shall endevour to be there more often.

You are a martyr to the cause Keef!

But yes it does sound like they're local and I'm sure they'll be nicked forthwith. It's amazing how 3 bad eggs can have such an impact on an area, but as I said, they don't strike me as the sharpest tools, and a dose of reality down the cells/courts should snap them out of it.

Most kids go through a bad phase; with me and my pals at 14 it was a spate shoplifting and a bit of arson, and it took one of us getting caught for us all to knock it on the head immediately. Of that bunch we have become headmaster, bankers, lawyers, computer programmers (yawn), journos, husbands and fathers and general ok members of society.

It sounds like there is a definite ring leader too, the other 2 are probably too scared to tell her they don't really want to be doing all this...

I didn't really do any stealing or fighting, I just played in a band and got in to acid! :-$ Glad I did it young though, cos by the time a got to uni and all these guys were telling me I must try this and that, I couldn't be arsed because it was old skool!

Without wishing to trivilise a serious incident, this group is obviously regularly walking the ED streets and so, clearly, are a lot of forumites. Does anyone remember the old seaside competitions where tabloid readers had to spot somebody called Lobby Ludd and win a crisp fiver? Surely if a similar prize was offered this time we'd have these minxes sorted before sunset.

With respect Cathy I personally would find a cash incentive of no use at all. The desire to keep everyone in the area safe is much more of an incentive to be alert and try and help towards these girls being caught, charged and off the streets than any amount of money could possibly buy (tu)

OK So, They have been seen around Dulwich Plough about 4ish. Down Northcross Road between 4.20 and 4.30. Around Goose Green area after school time. I also had a PM saying that there may have been a possible sighting of them wearing school uniform, black and red.

Also they have been spotted hanging around the CPT at weekends between 2.30 and 4pm.

Bearing in mind that next week is half term and that our children will be out on the streets and parks, lets all have a really good think ....Do we know them? Do we know someoneone that might ?????

Someone will be robbed and possibly get hurt if we dont try to find them soon...PLEASE ring 999 and dont approach them yourselves

Come on mscrawthew, cathg was only messing.

They won't end up "off the street" anyway, that's the problem. Hopefully a slap on the wrist from the police would make them think twice, but they're not going to be locked up or anything.

A close friend of mine is a police officer who has to work around a horrible estate in Eltham/Shooters Hill (Brook estate), there are a gang of kids there who openly shout abuse at him, and all he can do is get them an ASBO, which he knows won't make a blind bit of difference! It's sad, but that's the place we live in!

thanks for the update liloll - i dont get home from work until 8pm on weekdays but will definitely keep an eye out for them if they hang around ED in the weekend...

what really annoys me is that we cant even approach these girls if we see them even though they are only a bunch of bloody teenagers! (i'm not saying that we should approach them, as this in itself is a bad idea, but i'm fed up of having to be afraid of groups of kids in case they pull a knife or give me a good going over! rant over....)

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Come on mscrawthew, cathg was only messing.

>

> They won't end up "off the street" anyway, that's

> the problem. Hopefully a slap on the wrist from

> the police would make them think twice, but

> they're not going to be locked up or anything.

>

> A close friend of mine is a police officer who has

> to work around a horrible estate in

> Eltham/Shooters Hill (Brook estate), there are a

> gang of kids there who openly shout abuse at him,

> and all he can do is get them an ASBO, which he

> knows won't make a blind bit of difference! It's

> sad, but that's the place we live in!

Hi Keef

I know, I know but at the end of the day it`s not really something to be joking about. My children will be out and about next week because of the half term as will lots of others. I have told them both what is going on with this particular "gang" of girls and they will also have their eyes open and be alert as to what is going on around them. Sad that we have to do it but there is no other way. Hopefully at some point in the near future they will be caught and at the same time this incident will prove that community spirit is alive and well and that hopefully looking out for each other will be the way to keep our locality as safe as we can :)-D

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Of that

> bunch we have become , bankers, lawyers,

> computer programmers (yawn), journos,

So no improvement then...

Keeping on topic: Are the Community Support officers patrolling this patch more often since the incident?

Why do they walk in threes? It effs me off. Two, maybe, but preferably, one at a time, please. That way, more of the beat could be plodded. Also, if they do get caught and it's cos of the Forum, then that's a good news story for the Southwark Bugle. Nero