Dulwich Hamlet

From the Save Dulwich Hamlet Facebook page:

"So here we go. The first of our supporter actions to help save Dulwich Hamlet Football Club will be a rally and March before the Worthing game at home on Saturday 17th March.

We'll kick off at Goose Green in East Dulwich at 12.30pm. We'll make a song and dance, listen to a few speakers and then make the short noisy march to Champion Hill.

Put it in your diaries. Much more to follow.

We want everybody there. It's a protest but also a statement of what we are all about as a club. Bring your pink and blue colours, musical instruments, face paints, balloons and banners.

It will be a family-friendly occasion so do bring the kids. Much more detail to follow over the next two weeks. Let's do this.

Give us a follow over on Twitter - @savedhfc - and look out for news of a brand new website in the next few days."

Things are moving fast.... Earlier this evening, council leader Peter John tweeted that the property developers had served notice of eviction on the club. But now this, on the agenda for the next LBS cabinet meeting on the 13th ? a really positive piece of news:

"30.Acquisition of Champion Hill, Edgar Kail Way SE22

To approve the acquisition of land at the Champion Hill stadium site, Edgar Kail Way for the purposes as to part of the site of housing delivery and the associated funding requirement as set out in the closed version of this report.

To authorise the director of regeneration to negotiate the purchase of the site and agree detailed heads of terms in line with the principal terms set out in the closed version of this report.

Supporting documents:

Report: Acquisition of Champion Hill, Edgar Kail Way SE22 , item 30. pdf icon PDF 81 KB

Appendix 1: Plan of Champion Hill Stadium Site, Edgar Kail Way , item 30. pdf icon PDF 692 KB

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=302&MId=5756&Ver=4

What is the council and the supporters trust's end game here? I have this feeling that the issue of building a stadium on Greendale is going to come up yet again if they are successful in their bid to wrest control of the current ground from Meadow, leaving local residents once more faced with losing local wild land.

It's all a bit of a farce when they so recently set out their plans to work with Friends of Greendale and the local community to protect and make safe that vital piece of Metropolitan Open Land.

I wish DHFC all the best, but it should be on their current stadium, not encroaching on to one of the few pieces of open land still left in the area.

This is outrageous. Can we not just undertake a campaign of email by all of us concerned to meadow residential

Direct. They have a website and a phone number to call. Why not just let?s all call them direct as concerned people from the area they promote (south east London)

Perhaps if there are enough of us locals proving to be a massive pain in The **se it may make them consider how important our local team is.

JoeLeg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's just vile. I only hope that the attendant

> bad publicity will be enough to make them realise

> they've f'ed up.

Pull the other one.

Greendales IP LLC is registered at "The Corporation Trust Company, Corporation Trust Centre, 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, New Castle Country, Delaware 1, United States of America". In other words, it's a brass plate in a tax haven. 'Bad publicity' won't touch it, much as it never touched the landowners (IIRC, Greendale Property, reg. in Isle or Man, ownership uncertain, but which has a controlling interest in Champion Hill Investments Ltd, which has many of the same directors as all the little Hadleys).

Moreover, Greendales IP LLC legally and properly registered "DHFC" and "The Hamlet" on 17th October 2017, using the same firm of lawyers, so it's not as if this wasn't premeditated, or a rash lapse of judgement on either part. This is all very deliberate.

Whether Meadow knew about this isn't clear, though it does depend on who they're working for. Some of the previous owners of the land haven't been entirely straightforward (this, this and this make interesting reading) and, as we don't who owns Greendale Property, we don't know they're not still the same people. Bankruptcy, suspicion of fraud and outright disappearance might suggest it's not but, judging by the City pages, those are no bar to a career as a 'wealth creator'.

However, it's wise to give them the benefit of the doubt. What happens next is anyone's guess. But Peter John, the Leader of our Council, appears to be up to the challenge, hinting at buying them out, and thus may find a way to rescue them. After all, he's done more than most to help Australian property developers, and the Isle of Man's much closer to home.

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So are we looking at Cllr John buying the stadium

> from Meadow, then selling it for a loss to Legacy

> like they did with the Heygate Estate?

I understood a well known footballer (Rio Ferdinand? I don't know footballers' names!) was trying to buy the land, and has already offered ten million pounds, but Meadow are not responding to his attempts to contact them.

And to be fair it seems to me that the council are being very supportive and doing their best to help.

"Dulwich, who are exploring options to groundshare at other south London clubs as they seek to fulfil their remaining six home games this season, remain of interest to Rio Ferdinand?s affordable housing group, Legacy Foundation. The former England defender, who hails from nearby Peckham and is a close friend of the Dulwich manager, Gavin Rose, had proposed a development in compliance with Southwark Council?s requirements with a ?10m bid lodged with Meadow before Christmas. That was rejected, with subsequent efforts to re-enter negotiations having come to nothing."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/06/dulwich-hamlet-champion-hill-eviction-meadow-football