The Rosendale

Buzzard

Buzzard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It doesn't take long for these places to start

> taking the punter for granted.

>

> It's the beginning of the end mates.

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Went there the day after their good review in Time Out, it was a weekday lunchtime and there were seven of us. The service was polite and friendly and the place was heaving which I don't think they were expecting. The starters were good although, if I was being picky, my oysters not top notch. Beer was lovely. The mains took a little time to come but with the number of people there it was not surprising. Agree cold plates are not nice and that was a bit of a let down, but everyone enjoyed the food and liked the atmosphere.

Back there tomorrow night so hopefully they'll read this and I'll have a real treat!!

Think they read it. Plates were hot, lovely starter, main course bit, uh, you know, well wouldn't order it again, but nothing wrong with it. Lovely pint (again). I can't say I see it as a child friendly place but not been there at a weekend, v. busy when I left about 9.30. Worth a trip I'd say and not a bad walk there and back to ED. Food was actually a bit salty and I had to stop at the Dog for a bit of rehydration. Rash getting worse.

Gosh, I can't stand the Rosendale, bad service rude staff and awful fodder! Also when a family held a wake there after the premature death of a friend the staff were unbearable bordering on nasty. Highly insensitive types.

Oh well, plenty more bars in ED!

• 2 weeks later...