Hoodies - for gentlemen over 30

MrBen

It depends - if you are using a "hoody" as a practical garment to keep yourself warm post or during vigerous physical activity then then why not, thats what the're designed for. If you are wearing it to sunday lunch with the in-laws, then probably not.

Mr Ben, in another 10 years time (trust me) you'll be unable to distinguish 35 years old from 25 and will wonder what all the fuss was about. I say wear it.

If you're serious then there is a difference between a generic "hoodie" and a quality sweatshirt ( with a hood )

The good ones are generally 10-14oz fabric, pull on or full zipped, with a 2 ply hood, ribbed sides, bottom & cuffs. Even better if it's a reverse weave fabric ( it holds it shape better )

As for sans-brand, I'd rather go for a genuinely classic item like a "champion" upon which many designer brands base their cut and panel design. I'd rather un-pick or blank out the logo, than a buy a non branded but cheaper "uniqlo" or something similar which eventually ends up bobbly and out of shape.

It's better to see a quality item on an older guy. At least it makes you look like you know a bit about these things.

Oh, and lastly the colour has to be "grey marle" or at a push "white".

Good luck.

Nette(tu)

Annette Curtain Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As they say " You can't polish a turd "

>

To finish that saying: "You cant polish a turd ..... but you can roll it in glitter"

Mr Ben would look lovely in a Hoodie; and nothing else but a fine pair of sling-backs, he has the legs for it.

Life isn't that bad if we can have a convo re: acceptability or otherwise of wearing a jumber with a hood, is it?

If it hasn't got a logo on it, wear away I say

If it has got a logo on it, there is a league table of names - the top 10 of which might find you accosted by me in the street. I'm looking at you A&C. Or Bench.

Like I said a de-logo'd classic item is king.

In grey-marle preferably. Navy for a sweatshirt but not a hooded one. Black, no. White if you have a natural tan, and if you are in good shape with all your own hair.( and decent teeth ) think Richard Gere, not Chris Evans, actually IF you are like Chris Evans wear the hood up and back to front, whilst walking up Barry Road at rush hour.

BUT whatever you do, please avoid the drippy "dad-ish" brands sold locally. Usually in "tumble drier grey" or "dishcloth brown" colour.

I'll kick your friggin balls off if I see you in one.

Nette:)

Jeremy Wrote:

> Buying a white hoody is ridiculous enough in

> itself. But then specifically buying a brand-name

> one and removing the logo... that has to be one of

> the daftest things I've ever read on this forum.

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/product/22654319/view/5/type/png/width/378/height/378"Pleb"

I have a pal who moonlights on male fashion for that well respected source of style advice, GMTV.

He says "fine but older men should never put the hood up". Wise words when you think about it eh?

A while back he asked me to join him on the sofa for a feature on string vests. I should have done it.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Why would anyone want to look like Golam anyway?

> Beats me.

http://thecollegecupids.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Gollum-chav2.jpg