> Frank's is an interesting idea, but probably best

> if you drive.

>

> The journey up to the top of the car park - either

> via that lift, or negotiating the maze of dark

> corridors - is none too tempting. I'm not too keen

> on walking through that part of Peckham at night

> either.

why not? might one of the nasty dark brown people get you?

there's nothing at all wrong with 'that part of peckham' at night- in fact i'd rather walk along rye lane on a friday night than amongst the hordes of drunken fools on lordship lane

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Frank's is on what now - year 3?

>

> In all 3 years I've never heard of anyone driving

> there. It's a campari bar on a rooftop - which bit

> of you intends staying sober?

Seconded - after a couple of Negronis I would think driving would be out of the question!

Yep, drinking and driving obviously not a good idea... but personally I feel uneasy on Rye Lane late at night, and always have done. A situation not helped by the fact that last time I went there the lift was out of action, and got thoroughly lost in that car park, which is frankly a pretty disgusting place.

Nothing against the bar itself. But the location is not for me.

I don't think I've ever found the lift "in action" regardless of what state it's meant to be in

And dear lord the stairs are digusting

But I've never had a problem at any time on Rye Lane

Admittedly, when I came out of I am Legend at the cinema, close to midnight one December evening there did seem a bleak continuity with the empty streets but that's about it

titch juicy Wrote:

> it's very easy to walk up- go in the black door

> down the side of peckham plex cinema (off rye

> lane)- walk up the first 4/5 storeys by the stairs

> then it's easy to find through the car park

> itself- not a difficult walk up-and well worth the

> effort

Agreed, the stairs are seriously not a problem. It just sounds worse than it really is. Harder coming back down the sloping carpark ramps in very high heels though...

> Oh, it's only open Thurs - Sun, lunchtime til

> about 10-ish.

I thought it wasn't open until 6pm?

> If you want to get a drink, i'd recommend getting

> there before 8.30, because the bar queues are

> ridiculous after that (especially Friday and

> Saturday).

When I went on a Saturday, it was packed by 7.30 with long queues for drinks. I also did the same as PGC one Monday eve and we ended up at Bar Story too. Never felt uneasy on Rye Lane either but agree with Jeremy, there's a scary, badly lit corridor to navigate near the side of the car park and I wouldn't fancy walking there on my own late at night. Didn't realise that people would drive there!!

I've walked up to Franks several times, once followed by an obviously disturbed and fairly aggressive man who demanded money and cigarettes from us for opening the door to us. We just carried on walking and he gave up - the staff obviously knew who he was when we mentioned it - all part and parcel of the rich tapestry of life. However we still walked out the other way.....

titch juicy Wrote:

> Jeremy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Frank's is an interesting idea, but probably

> best

> > if you drive.

> >

> > The journey up to the top of the car park -

> either

> > via that lift, or negotiating the maze of dark

> > corridors - is none too tempting. I'm not too

> keen

> > on walking through that part of Peckham at

> night

> > either.

>

>

> why not? might one of the nasty dark brown people

> get you?

>

> there's nothing at all wrong with 'that part of

> peckham' at night- in fact i'd rather walk along

> rye lane on a friday night than amongst the hordes

> of drunken fools on lordship lane

If you think Lordship Lane is safer than Rye Lane you're a fool. Personally fine about going down there but wouldn't do it on my own.