Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Hello All

Congratulations to Mother courage and baby!

I also popped out Junior Moominfilly on Tuesday who was almost born in the waiting room at Kings!! We had a a little girl, weighing in at 7lbs 4oz, and is fighting fit and healthy.

Hopefully will meet more of you and bumps, and newborns soon over the coming weeks!

Alix

Congratulations Alix! How exciting that the bumps are starting to become babies, makes it seem more real doesn't it?!

Only 5 or so weeks until my induction which I know will go quickly.

As a complete aside... is anyone in the market for a sheepskin (lambskin) seat liner for their buggy or carseat? I mistakenly ordered two from Amazon last week so have one needing a new home. It's a Bowron stroller fleece (they're lovely, I had one for my other two children but sold it on the forum ages ago thinking I wouldn't need it any more...). Will make a carseat lovely and snuggly, and they are brilliant as a seat liner in any type of buggy (our old one was used in a Bugaboo Cameleon, McLaren and Phil n Teds over it's life).

The one I have is completely new, in it's packaging, and cost me ?35. I can't return it, so would love to find someone to take it off my hands. Happy to sell for ?30 to a fellow winter babies club member and can deliver.

P x

Congratulations Alix! We're on a roll now. Two baby girls so far, I wonder if there'll be a boy next?

It's so exciting that the group is starting to pop. I've still got 10 weeks to go which is starting to feel like a lifetime.

Good luck to all that are due in the next few weeks. Will we have a christmas day baby?

Sal

Xxx

Congratulations Alix!

Team pink growing quickly...

Just had 32 week scan and having been told that this one was looking average size up until now, it looks like I'm going to hold back on buying anything newborn sized again! She is weighing in a 5lb at 32 weeks.. hmmm..

Hi ladies

HUGE congrats on the baby girls and a glass of well-earned wine for the mums by Christmas, you lucky things! ;-)

Does anyone want to come over to my house this THursday for a pamper session? I've got a lovely lady called Angela to come over (found her on the EDF), who does reasonably priced treatments - facials, mini-massages, pedis, manis, even waxing! I can't find her price list to hand, but I thought it was cheaper than salons.

She'd like to know what people want in advance so that she can bring the right bits. I've used her for gel nails (like acrylic, but not as damaging for nails).

I can lay on non-alcoholic mulled wine and minced pies (bought!), then would suggest that we order takeaway Italian from Il Mirto as they deliver, or I'm happy to go with a curry or whatever else people prefer.

If it could be a 7.30 kick-off that would be great, so I can put Jack to bed before the doorbell goes.

If some people want to come to mine and some want to still go to the pub instead I won't be offended! For those heavily pregnant or a bit under the weather, hopefully it's a bit more of a chilled option for you!

If you can let me know on the thread or on pm ASAP that would be fantastic!

Hope you're all well, ladies, really excited to start meeting babies!

Hannah xx

PS Christmas tree has just gone up, hurray!!

Sounds lovely, but sadly my head is about to explode with all of the stuff I need to get done by Christmas so my evenings are really chocka.

I'm around on friday afternoon ( or before 11 in the morning) if anyone fancies meeting for some swing action and a coffee with small people?

Sounds lovely for Thursday Hannah but it's my last day at work and also the Christmas party so i am going to make it my leaving do too! Can't believe maternity leave has finally arrived.

Is anyone in the group looking to sell a birth pool post birth at all? I am due 17 Jan and am just about to buy a birth pool in a box but thought i'd check to see if anyone is clearing out / wants to go halves and use afterwards (new liner of course!!!) or anything as they come in around ?130 for all the kit new.

x

I would normally be very up for some swing action with little ones, especially on a Friday morning, but I've somehow got a delivery, a contractor and a health visitor appt all fitted in this Friday am and nursery Christmas party in the avo! Crazy time of year becomes ridiculous when you're preparing for baby!!

Regarding Thurs night, I'll check with Angela if she's happy to come to mine just to do my nails, and then do other stuff if required on more adhoc basis as I know it's difficult to confirm. At the end of the day, I'll be at home anyway, and I'll just have mince pies and mulled wine on standby, just in case! (I'll blatantly consume the supplies if they're not used!!).

Hope everyone is feeling as calm as possible given our various circumstances! Hope it's going well so far, new mums!

X

Hi all,

Hannah, I'd love to come tomorrow if offer is still open... I feel in the need for some pampering!!

P.M me details. But I totally understand if plans have changed now!

Hope all's well..

Friday is my last day at work for the xmas break so will be around next week if people fancy coffee/playdates.

Have a good week.

Anna

just back from an afternoon in hospital because my blood pressure suddenly shoot up. They sent me back home waiting for blood and urine results tomorrow and Fri. This is becoming very different from my first birth experience! Baby is late (my son was 6 days early) and I feel terrible (I was 100% fine). I hope and keep my fingers crossed, they will let me stay at home for delivery. I am going to put my feet up for the next couple of days so won't venture out... Have fun.

Hi all

First congrats to Moominfilly and Mouthercourage. And Bee I am really hoping all is ok and baby is on its way soon.

I am due Xmas day. I was hoping for an early delivery but my little boy has just come down with chicken pox so we definitely need to get that over with first.

Re meeting up tonight, I am not sure, my son wouldn't sleep last night as he was so itchy (who said chicken pox was a mild illness) so I fear that we may be in the same boat tonight. I have however been housebound for days, so am gutted as really need an eyebrow wax and general pamper before baby 2 arrives. Same goes for Friday at swings - Ben will still be infectious. Sigh.

x Lindsay

Congrats to the other new arrivals! Pampering session sounds fab Hannah, but I won't be able to make it this evening. Me and Mr Tomo are finally going to the labour ward tour this evening. Meant to go a few weeks back but it never quite happened.

Had my 32 week scan on Monday and baby's doing well, but is currently breech. Bah! Have got a acupuncture/moxibustion session scheduled for next week before baby gets too big to move round. Anyone got any tips that they've found particularly successful in turning babies? Still lots of time for him to turn on his own, but really want to try and avoid ECV and/or C section.

Hope your BP stays down Bee- hope that baby arrives soon for you!

Cx

hello!

Baby is still safely tucked up in my tum, but sadly I think I'll have to give tonight a miss - hubby has been out after work a couple of evenings this week so would like to see him today! Hope you have a great time - pampering would have been lovely. :)

Caroline - have you looked at the spinning babies website? There are some tips on there about inversion etc. to try and help turning as well as tips on mapping your baby's position.

xx

Unfortunately the 'pamper lady' was up sick all night, so didn't want to infect us at all! People are still welcome to come over though. Anna, I'll pm you my details.

Hope you feel better, bea, I know what you mean about harder second pregnancy- can't be too long now though. Just keep focused on the end goal, xx

Hope you're all doing ok. I'm rather loving hibernating at the moment. Just wondering if anyone wants to buy a regular sized liner for an eco birth pool in a box? I bought it for ?28 but will sell for ?20. Its unused, sealed etc. Let me know quite soon as I'll send back to the company if no one wants it.

Keep warm xxxx