Winter babies club (due Dec 2011, Jan/Feb 2012)

Anyone up for a 10am meet next week sometime? I think my "toddler" is a lot older than most of yours (she will be 4 in June) and afternoons are restricted due to having to pick Callum up at 3:30pm.

I can be at a cafe mornings any time from 9:15ish once I've dropped the older two at school, so let me know if there are any other early birds around!

Oh crap, sorry Saffron, just realised I didn't pay for kids donut!! Didn't mean to do a runner!! Will treat M to something next time!!

Good luck for tonight, go for a jalfrezi!!

Possibly up for Thurs pm. Swimming lesson at 2 but will be around afterwards.

Ruth, usual pilates instructor wasn't there so couldn't ask what she recommends for returning to exercise after caesarean. Will ask when I see her next.

Anna x

Hi,

Great we have takers for thursday. My son naps until 3ish on a good day so anytime after that is good. I'll pm my address to people who've said they are coming. Shout if you are thinking of dropping by. I'll do a big bowl of pasta for those who plan to stay for tea.

Saffron, was that you in the park last week before cancelled tippee toes? I hope baby makes an appearance soon!

Hello

I've just had a second baby - Jan 15th - and was wondering if anyone would mind me hooking up with them at some point for a play in the park or a cuppa? I'm around with toddler too on Mondays and Tuesdays, or just with my baby on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Mornings tend to be good for us, 10-30ish onwards, or any time really (it's just I have trouble rousing my afternoon-sleep-adoring toddler for afternoon plays when he's around. But then I probably should try harder...). Please can we come and play?

Another Anna

Hi Anna, welcome and congrats,

So we can't distinguish ouselves with our initials as 'm an Anna M too!!! Wondering if that's where the similarities end?

Monday iKm doing mother and child pilates at Dulwich leisure centre then up for meeting in Garrden's cafe at about 11:30 for those who can make it. Going to try to go to Powerpramming straight after too.. Depending on how much cake I eat!!

Have a good weekend all and Thanks Ruth for hosting.. I hope house wasn't too trashed!

Anna x

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to say that baby Owen was born late monday night (7 pounds 11 ounces). I had an epically long labour and he ended in a c-section and am only just getting out of the hospital. I'm really glad to be back home with our new addition. It'll be a while before I'm out and about but I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Julia

Congratulations Julia and welcome to the world baby Owen! Make sure and rest as much as he'll allow.

Husband's got another weeks paternity leave next week, so won't make Monday. Would be up for meeting the following week for a piece of cake. Not sure I'm quite ready for all this exercise you speak of!

Hope you're all well!

Cxx

Hi all,

Have been very absent from this thread for a while and thus can now say that our boy Daniel arrived day after due date on Feb 2nd. Not quite the short, 5 hour labour I had somehow convinced myself I was going to have second time round, but a good one nonetheless. It actually took us 2.5 weeks to get the name anyway, so I couldn't have come on here any earlier. He was baby with no name for so long it's actually proving difficult to remember to call him Dan.

I've had my bloke around since then (4 weeks of leave by dint of using up holiday) which has been bliss. Haven't really yet come to terms with the idea that I'm going to have to look after two of them on my own at some point, but have parents around for the next month so am just not thinking about it too much!

Will try and make a Monday meet up or afternoon one some time soon, and would love to host a meet up too, though poss not quite yet. Will try and do better at coming on the forum to get times of meet ups etc.

Jane x

Hi ladies

I've been completely AWOL too, congratulations to all of the new mums and your babies!! I had baby Natasha two weeks late, at a whopping 9lb 7oz, but she thankfully took less than two hours to come out once induction finally worked. All a bit dramatic actually, with husband only just present and delivered by a midwife from the induction ward who doesn't normally deliver babies as no-one else was available!

I seem to have been busy with visitors and catching up with other new mum friends, but really must be more sociable and also start the exercise regime too!

Natasha was a really good baby the first three weeks, but the last two has been more typically grouchy and hard to settle in evenings.

I'm particularly up for meeting others with toddlers on Wednesdays and Thursdays with my three year old Jack, as am also scared about managing two - particularly how to put both to bed when my husband travels in a fortnight!!

Best go, husband's patience is waning.... Hpe you're all well, and hope to catch up soon, xxx

Hi all,

Congrats on all the wonderful winter baby arrivals! I have been completely inactive on this thread and just getting used to being a first time mum for the last four weeks!!

Hermione was born at 6lb 6oz on the 30th Jan and is so far proving to be quite a good baby. Unfortunately we were both rather poorly for a week with a tummy bug so she's still only just 7lb! I am now definitely up for meeting up with other mums (particularly first timers) if there's anything happening over the next couple of weeks?

Cathy

Hello,

Does anyone fancy a meet up on Thursday at some point? Either morning or afternoon, we don't have any plans yet. Love to host toddler tea but might have to wait a wee bit as not functioning brilliantly on little sleep. For some reason my toddler seems to have started waking almost more than Finn, but never at the same time mind! Could always park it and cafe it if anyone fancies?

Laura x

Hi all

Think I'll avoid goose green as will be mobbed on a day like today at that time.

C u next week - although gutted that I wont be making it to power pramming Monday as have a dentist apt and can't move it (I tried!!.... Cos i am soon dedicated to exercise!).

Anna - I will hopefully c u at the mum and babes Pilates on Monday morning pre-dental hell!

Have a good weekend all

Steph

X

Hi all,

Very happy to announce the arrival of my little baby girl Isabella who was born on Friday the 17th of Feb. Isabella had a bit of a dramatic entrance into the world after a 30 hour labour. She had very low oxygen levels and was in intensive care for 4 days and then in special care for the following week. We finally got her home 2 nights ago. She's a real little fighter and we are so relieved and ecstatic to have her home.

We got another surprise when the doctors informed us that Isabella has downs syndrome. Although this was not what we expected we are so happy to have such a beautiful and amazing daughter.

I can't speak highly enough of the care we received at Kings. They were so supportive of Rohan, Isabella and I. Rohan and I were given a private room and were told we could stay as long as we needed. It was quite an experience and I'm so glad it's over. I'm so looking forward to enjoying my gorgeous baby girl and meeting up with you all soon and see all the new babies!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the thrills of motherhood.

Xxxxx

Congratulations millymoo!!!

It's so good to hear that Isabella is doing well. Kit was a fellow SCBU baby. Being home is such a relief from the emotional roller coaster of being in SCBU. Enjoy the unlimited cuddles!

Can't wait to meet her and the other new babies - am determined to make a meet up, are people still meeting at the gardens on Monday morning?

Sal.. Congratulations but what a hideous labour experience. After such a long stint at King's I bet your relieved to finally get everyone home.

Not quite the same, but I used to work with an Autistic boy and his condition only made him more precious.. Looking forward to meeting Isabella soon.

Steph, I will be going M&B Pilates but after a catch up Swimming lesson with Ava.. yes another mental monday.

I'll be in the Gardens afterwards from 11:30ish (Saffron, for your sake I hope you are not there this week!) so look forward to meeting up with anyone for coffee

Will have toddler with me so unless she'll sleep in buggy I will have to give Powerpramming a miss.

Anyone with toddlers looking for fun on a Wed morning.. I've been taking mine to Stay and Play at Rosendale Children's Centre. It's BRILL.. Lot's of free play, activities then singing and fruit/milk snack. all free!

It starts at 10am but too much later and they might turn you away as they limit numbers.

Have a good weekend all...

Anna