RIP The Flying Pig

DovertheRoad

worldwiser Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A delightful place with just the most friendly

> staff who are unashamedly child-friendly.

I remember taking our daughter to Aneto a while ago, for a bit of pasta for her tea. She kicked up a proper tantrum, screaming and crying. There was no shuttin consoling her. So I just paid up and apologised to the guy. He smiled and told me not to worry about it, and offered to put the food in a container to take home.

It's good when adults can behave like adults.

worldwiser Wrote:

> I'm with smn143 and no-one can taint my review

> with accusations of limited posts.

>

> A delightful place with just the most friendly

> staff who are unashamedly child-friendly. Take

> your screaming babies, every one.

Hmmm, now...I wonder what on earth you could be trying to allude to!

DovertheRoad Wrote:

> Surely this is just normal practice for 99% of

> parents. It's just the 1% that seem to make the

> east Dulwich forum.

I have never, ever been barged out of the way by a mum with a buggy when walking along the pavement.

I have never seen a child using a potty in the middle of a restaurant

I have never come across a child called Jocasta, Cordelia, Tarquin or Barclay in the playground.

I have never sat in a restaurant while kids run around me screaming, and their parents ignore them

Sometimes I think I must live in a different city to some of the posters on here.

Not only have I experienced ignorant pavement hogging parents with buggies, I?ve also had to pull the self absorbed ones up for not politely acknowledging someone standing back to let them through with their precious cargo. Not everyone wants to hear your screaming child when they?re paying for a service in a local business such as a cafe. I don?t personally see the issue with a parent taking some responsibility and ensuring the shared environment of a cafe is comfortable for everyone. Don?t get selfish people at all.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> I don?t personally see the issue with a

> parent taking some responsibility and ensuring the

> shared environment of a cafe is comfortable for

> everyone.

Totally agree.

My point is that the moaning on here about selfish parents and brattish kids is totally out of proportion with actual reality.

DovertheRoad Wrote:

>

> @Louisa - each time a pointy looking woman of a

> certain age steps aside to let me pass with my

> monster buggy I make a point of cap doffing,

> saying thank you and smiling. Just incase it's you

> :-)

I'm afraid, it will almost certainly not be her..... :)

• 4 weeks later...