Okay, who is this?

SLad

For starters I would say that you can hardly be a qualified surveyor from a wonky picture taken out of her window

secondly you have fallen for the "David and Goliath" skew the headline portrays...

This is just a guy who bought a moderately expensive house in Peckham and did a decent chunk of work on it like many people do these days... OK he happens to work for Google, everyone is an MD, VP, Exec etc... especially in tech, he is hardly the CEO who has bought up the entire street and is kicking grannies out of their retirement home to build a mega mansion.

What has happened is somewhere along the line they have fallen out and its now got petty and unpleasant, maybe she got annoyed with the builders parking on her drive, going into her garden OR maybe the wall is slightly over her side of the fence.. now what happens is the classic cliche the only people who win out of this are the lawyers and anyone who buys either properties next and ask for a sizeable discount when the box that says "any disputes over the last X years" is ticked.

End of story :)

alice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It is the bully with most power that makes the

> counter attack. I therefore think Ms H. will be

> proved right. Looks like the midline of the brick

> has been placed on the boundary.

Sue Wrote:

> Having been involved in a disagreement with a

> "builder" who also refused mediation, I have every

> sympathy.

>

> Why would somebody who thought they were in the

> right refuse mediation?

Because it was never offered in your case and similarly why would a client who thinks they are so right not go to small claims court?

There are indeed two sides to every story and sometimes there is even documentary evidence to support one side.

Posted by PokerTime Today, 09:55AM

Sue Wrote:

> Having been involved in a disagreement with a

> "builder" who also refused mediation, I have every

> sympathy.

>

> Why would somebody who thought they were in the

> right refuse mediation?

Because it was never offered in your case and similarly why would a client who thinks they are so right not go to small claims court?

There are indeed two sides to every story and sometimes there is even documentary evidence to support one side.

The person concerned, not a million miles from yourself although probably at the time posting on here under one of your several other forum names, was sent a recorded delivery letter by me, with documentation.

This letter was dated 27 August 2009 and included a repetition of my offer of using the services of an impartial and objective mediator.

This letter was returned to me by Royal Mail a considerable time later because it was never collected from the delivery office.

You did however post on this forum saying that you were not willing to take part in mediation.

I imagine that that post is long deleted, along with other posts in that particular exchange.

Why somebody would not pick up recorded delivery letters addressed to them is a mystery to me.

Edited to include the post by "PokerTime".

flocker spotter Wrote:

> let keep our vitriol for the two pugilists in the

> top of the bill bout please

I have had enough vitriol from the person currently calling herself "PokerTime" to last a lifetime.

I was so traumatised by the whole thing I was off work with stress for months and eventually had to leave my job.

Sue Wrote:

> Exactly.

>

> Oh and btw, "PokerTime", I did not go to the Small

> Claims Court because you told me there was no

> point in doing so because you had no money.

>

> Edited for typo.

C

I said no such thing. You cancelled a meeting that you did not rearrange. The next thing you are on this forum playing the victim as you always do.The problem is that you don't remember details. I will stop short of saying you deliberately lie. Your behaviour was terrible. Even the production company thought you were out of order.

Who in their right mind would do anything but stay well away from that. You drive people mad.

Just because Sue says something is so does not mean it is true. I have had enough of her lies too. BUT the point is that no-one can know from a forum or a news report what the truth is. That requires concrete evidence. I have no vendetta but I will defend myself from things that are just not true. Sue cancelled a meeting and never rearranged it. End of story.

Angelina Wrote:

> Poker Face - have you changed your user name ?

No I haven't. I had a different username when I ran the football but haven't used that one in many years. I have no new username since this one and don't post on the forum these days. Actually that means I changed it once but l have never posted from the two names if that makes sense.

PokerTime Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Exactly.

> >

> > Oh and btw, "PokerTime", I did not go to the

> Small

> > Claims Court because you told me there was no

> > point in doing so because you had no money.

> >

> > Edited for typo.

> C

>

> I said no such thing. You cancelled a meeting

> that you did not rearrange. The next thing you are

> on this forum playing the victim as you always

> do.The problem is that you don't remember details.

> I will stop short of saying you deliberately lie.

> Your behaviour was terrible. Even the production

> company thought you were out of order.

>

> Who in their right mind would do anything but stay

> well away from that. You drive people mad.

1. The production company said that they would back me up in any claim I made against you, or in any claim you made against me, not least because they saw the standard (and extreme slowness) of your work on the final day of the project, which was the reveal.

2. You have had at least four user names on this forum.

3. Looking back at my records, I see that as well as sending you the recorded delivery letter which you did not pick up, I also emailed it to you, which you did not respond to either.

4. I have a full file of correspondence, photos and other evidence relating to the work in question.

5. I also have relevant screenshots relating to posts on this forum.

Many people on this forum know me in real life and know that I am not a liar.

East Dulwich and Nunhead are small places, and over the years I have met - in different contexts - quite a few people who know you or have had dealings with you, including those who you have started work for and not completed.

I suggest you don't dig yourself in any further.

ETA: If you have evidence that I cancelled a meeting and did not rearrange it, or evidence that I have at any time lied to you or about you, then please post it up here.

I have nothing to hide whatsoever.

ETA: And now can we get back to discussing the original post on this thread.

Sue, l am not raking over this with you all over again. You are not truthful. You take no responsibility for your own behaviour ever and there is never any point discussing anything with you. You browbeat and bully. You throw temper tantrums. Why should anyone have to put up with that? There are at least three occasions on this forum where you have written things that can be absolutely refuted by footage shot by the documemtary crew. The final straw was being called unreliable after working 21 days straight because I took two days off after that. That's when you asked for a meeting that you then cancelled and did not rearrange. You are ridiculously unreasonable. I am in no way the only person to have had problems with you. That is my final word on it.

But it is you who appears to be "raking over this with me all over again." !!!

I have been very careful in the past to really try hard to keep my responses to you on this forum (and indeede outside this forum) objective and not to attack you on a personal basis, despite gross provocation and despite your bizarre attacks on me on here under your various forum names, including very recently (but not as "Poker Time").

Perhaps instead of throwing unfounded accusations about, you could respond to the points I have made above and/or provide actual evidence to back up your accusations.

All my efforts to resolve things with you were thwarted because you did not respond to my communications.

In at least two cases locally I am aware of you acted in exactly the same way - leaving the jobs without warning and not responding to all attempts to contact you. One of those people was also left extremely stressed as a result.

I am sorry because I think you are an ill and unhappy person, however unfortunately you also appear to be a very plausible and manipulative liar.

As you keep mentioning the "documentary crew", I will just say that they got wise to you by the end, despite your efforts to explain away delays and unfinished work by blaming me.

Let us hope that your previous post is indeed your "final word", but in any case I am going to ask admin to remove these posts. Deja vu.

ETA: But if they stay here, then so be it. Though I'm quite sure nobody else is interested in something that took place nearly a decade ago and was done to death on here at the time. I was weary of it then, and I'm weary of it now.

ETA: And in the interests of accuracy and truth, yes - I did lose my temper with you. I lost it once, and yes it was when the television crew were there. Not only did I lose my temper, I was practically in tears.

By that point I had had weeks of seeing my money disappear into a black hole with very little to show for it.

In retrospect, I was totally stupid to pay you by the hour and believe all your confident assertions, plausible promises and excuses, despite all the evidence to the contrary. I should also not have ignored my gut feelings at a very early stage of the project that there was something very wrong.

If memory serves I snapped after you had pulled my large sofa across the room over a newly painted white floor before the paint was properly dry, with predictable results.

You sanded the area down again but it was never properly repainted to match the rest of the floor. It had to be covered by a rug for the reveal shoot, and to this day I have to keep it covered by a rug. I have just looked beneath the rug, and it is a disaster area of large bare patches thinly covered by paint, right in the central area of my living room.

My nerves were on a knife-edge by that time, and I am only amazed that I did not lose my temper more often.

Had I known at that point that you were telling the television crew that all the delays and unfinished work were because "Sue keeps changing her mind", you would have been out on your ear, documentary or no documentary.

My only consolation is that once they saw your work and speed, saw that you appeared not to know how to fit cupboard doors which you had promised would be done before the reveal, saw you hang a picture using the wrong large drill which drilled right through the wall and knocked new plaster off the other side of the wall, had to get one of their assistants with a rudimentary knowledge of DIY to fit some of the window blinds because you were so slow, and had to spend the best part of a day with you, they realised.

Returning to the topic, I'm sure I met the woman whose land has been unfairly encroached on a few years back, via this forum in fact. She was lovely: kind, cheerful, warm, fun to be with, and has lived in the area quite a long time. Perhaps the 'Google chief', as the ES calls him, is trying to use the media to shut her up and get away with it.

PokerTime Wrote:

> Angelina Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Poker Face - have you changed your user name ?

>

>

> No I haven't. I had a different username when I

> ran the football but haven't used that one in many

> years. I have no new username since this one and

> don't post on the forum these days. Actually that

> means I changed it once but l have never posted

> from the two names if that makes sense.

So which was your other username, Poker Time?

Administrator Wrote:

> Sue, stop it. It's boring for others to listen to

> you two bicker on and on. Take this off the forum

> and please keep it off.

I completely agree.

But it would take a saint not to respond, and I am not a saint, sadly.

And not all the posts which started this off have been removed.

• 4 weeks later...