Audi owners....lamenting the loss of Dulwich Audi

Maybe a slightly niche thread, as focused on Audi owners in the area....

As a family with two Audis, we used to always get the cars serviced at Dulwich Audi, and found them to be professional, helpful, and often seemed to be trying to actually 'save' you a bit of money on repairs (as a long standing local business would do well to do).

We now take the cars to Sydenham Audi (as the next closest), and while I know Dulwich and Sydenham Audi's were/are both owned by Marshall Audi, I find the attitude and service poles apart. Everytime I have been to Sydenham Audi, it seems they manage to uncover 'problems' that I never knew existed and didn't ask them to look for; they are very keen to 'upsell' additional diagnostics which are very 'important'; and overall just give of the impression of being more interested in rinsing me for cash, than fixing my car.

Has anyone else found this? and any suggestions on alternatives? And does it really matter if the cars are not serviced by Audi when I come to sell...as I find the few times i''ve been to Turners on Barry road, they have been brilliant.....

Must say my experience of Dulwich Audi was pretty lacklustre. They returned my car with several parts of the service incomplete, incorrectly filled out logbook and car unwashed even with the invoice stating it had been. I've been going to Halfords in Sydenham ever since: they charge half the price and even after 5 years I still haven't had to replace a single part aside from tyres. They're next to the large Sainsburys. Ask for a manufacturer spec service to ensure your warranty is preserved.

Dulwich Test & Service Centre every time. I first went there after Dulwich Audi tried to get me to spend >?2k on a bunch of 'problems' identified after a regular service. The guys at Dulwich Test advised 3/4 of this work was not required.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Agree that Paul & Reg are fair and trustworthy. I

> always follow their advice (over close to 30

> years) and have not regretted it. Reg is a very

> good mechanic.

I agree too

• 2 months later...

In a wryly amusing follow up to this thread. This afternoon I got a call from a chap at Sydenham audi, who said my car was due a service, then proceeded to rattle of a long list of things which were 'due' to be replaced....so when would I like to book it in?

I calmly replied that I wouldn't, as I felt that the last few times I have brought my car in I have been overcharged and the car's unnecessarily serviced. He chose not to suggest a remedy, or attempt to entice me to go back with some assurances. He simply said 'ah well, hopefully we get you back one day, goodbye sir'.......my guess is that perhaps it wasn't the first time he'd heard that complaint...

I can't believe it took someone so long to make the predictable crass comment on this thread!

I've never owned or driven an Audi, but I can't say I can see anything particularly objectionable about them or how they are driven. Is your objection to them based on the fact they are German?

It used to be a well run family business but was bought out by the Marshall group and since then the company has nose dived i know i used to work there

sad really as it was a good company under SGSmith think that the site in Dulwich will be a care home