Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

Tom

If it was a carnivore campaigning against FG it might carry more weight (" I eat animal products but care about how they arrive at the table")

Your history suggests you are against the consumption of ALL animal products. So some people are wary of you and your motives, even if, in this case, there MIGHT be some merit

"I think we can be quite clear what 'ponces at the Victoria' meant....It was meant as a dig at the owners of the Victoria..."

DJKQ, I have no idea where the Victoria pub is (back street pub in Nunhead?) nor who the owners are. However, assuming you are correct that it was a derogatory term, presumably it is accurate?

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tom

>

> If it was a carnivore campaigning against FG it

> might carry more weight (" I eat animal products

> but care about how they arrive at the table")

>

> Your history suggests you are against the

> consumption of ALL animal products. So some people

> are wary of you and your motives, even if, in this

> case, there MIGHT be some merit

SJ

now that is just RIDICULOUS. What POSSIBLE motive could Tom have in his campaign against FG? Do YOU think he is planning on SECRETLY turning everyone into a VEGAN? How will he do that? Surely it is possible for vegans and carnivores to find SOME common ground when it comes to certain practices such as the PRODUCTION METHODS of FG?

Agreed Mick, of course it would be lovely if all the birds could frolic in the sunshine, but the point here is that wherever they spend the first 2 / 3 months of there lives, the last couple of months is spent being systematically tortured several times a day.

FWIW, which is evidentially exceedingly little, and in this context very probably of very limited relevance, I do recall seeing on the box, a long time ago, a clip of a French farmer's wife personally bulk feeding a goose, and I don't remember reacting as if there had been disturbing distress on the part of the goose, and I do remember thinking of her attitude as caring.

katie1997 Wrote:

> Annette - if you really did take that photograph

> of her on the train....where's the peg?

I know Katie Numeros. Where WAS the flippin peg indeed?

In my defence, yesterday was well bizarre-o.

I spotted one of The Chapman brothers outside of their new show ( meh ) as you do

I later left work in Hoxton Sq. & upon mounting my bicycle I spotted a crusty/hippie chap climbing a ladder with a "Golden Mushroom" under his arm. He then placed/glued said Mushroom atop a building.

I proceeded to Shoreditch station where to my supise I saw her enter the carriage, so getting the photo was a golden/ginger opportunity & the peg idea slipped from my now racing mind.

Later she disembarked at Wapping; so far so good. However, a group of excited young people then got on the train at the next stop. Oh, so full of joy were they that the took the floor and started preaching the word of GOD.

Did you know; Jesus is your Oyster card to heaven ?

Really, I heard that and much much more on my journey home last night. Mind you once i'd settled I couldn't resist joining in. A very vocal young man took up the floor from his friend.

"You are on a journey to hell people" he then proceeded to spell out the very word...H.E.L.L. at which point I piped up, adding the final "O"...."HELLO" as I did a very camp wave.

The other passengers laughed with gusto, the train stopped and as if by magic/gods hand, my station had arrived.

I left to great applause ( and a little more preaching ).

As I said, most bizarre....

And how as your day?

NETTE:-S

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

> Bonjour,

>

> Page 4 of the South London Press today - check out

> the article on Foie Gras and let me know your

> views.

You didn't make page 3? Did you offer to take your top off?

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

> Bonjour,

>

> Page 4 of the South London Press today - check out

> the article on Foie Gras and let me know your

> views.

>

> Merci.

I can't Thomas. I don't buy newspapers because of the trees felled for the production of newsprint. I'm a bit surprised you're encouraging it!

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> Yes...

>

> I love the article

>

> Nette(tu)

But do the white ones taste better?

I was distracted by this article http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/News.cfm?id=26324&headline=Calls%20for%20action%20against%20%E2%80%98fearless,%20vicious%20foxes%E2%80%99 - plentiful and free range but is it wrong to eat a fellow carnivore?

Annette Curtain Wrote:

> I know Katie Numeros. Where WAS the flippin peg

> indeed?

>

> In my defence, yesterday was well bizarre-o.

>

> I proceeded to Shoreditch station where to my

> supise I saw her enter the carriage, so getting

> the photo was a golden/ginger opportunity & the

> peg idea slipped from my now racing mind.

> preaching the word of GOD.

Do you always carry PEGS in your handbag? Any particular type that work BETTER than others?

> Did you know; Jesus is your Oyster card to heaven

With automatic TOP UP facility no doubt?

> "You are on a journey to hell people" he then

> proceeded to spell out the very word...H.E.L.L. at

> which point I piped up, adding the final

> "O"...."HELLO" as I did a very camp wave.

I wish (to DOG) that I had been on your train yesterday (and that I could STOP talking like ALAN)! I think you attract the BIZARRO :)