Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

I think we can be quite clear what 'ponces at the Victoria' meant...

It was meant as a dig at the owners of the Victoria, and

It was intended to insult/ slur and if you can't see that then you need your head testing

Sorry, no. I can't have that. I appreciate you feel under attack but I don't think that's fair.

I don't know anything about the people at the vic _ I've had one glass of coke in there since it opened. I wasn't taking notes about peoples sexuality as I did so.

The word was meant to mean "over-fancy" as i stated, and also not serious in any case. You alerted me to a derogatory meaning of the world so I withdrew it. I have not apologised for a slur, insult or similar because it was not one.

Laddy Muck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> Actually, I often ask for less alcohol and more

> cherries.

Yeah, yeah.....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/ba/Pinocchio-1940-poster.jpg

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there a purpose in life for cherries? I just

> don't get them.

They're good for gout.

Those glacier cherries you get on bakewell tarts are amongst the most wrong things in the world though!

Way...

Got on at Shoreditch & got-off-at Wapping.

BUT then, I also saw a man climbing a ladder and sticking a "golden mushroom" a top a building by Hoxton Sq.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9316/photo19hy.jpg

And...

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2730/photo18p.jpg One of The Chapman brothers ( yawn ) outside White Cube

It was a weirdly busy day

NETTE:-S

Frankito Wrote:

------------------------------------

> Anyone for foie gras and bubbles?

I'll pass thank you. Far too poncey for me. But I could murder a tub of glace cherries (and possibly some treacle).

(I have a sweet tooth)

Just to be clear, the use of "murder" here is not to be construed as in "killing with malice aforethought".

I bid you "Good Evening".

No. You MP, Sean and your little gang of mates prefer to back each other up rather than see what the intention of the word really was, because with you guys, it's not about an objective and fair appraisal but ganging up when the fancy takes you on whoever the next shooting target is. A right little clique of bullies amongst several on this forum.

If this is what anyone thinks, I lose all respect for them.

You! You dare speak to me about homophobia when I have spent weeks in a row, on this forum , defending almost alone with people like James, as people defend homophobia. ("oh but I wasn'nt a member then! who is James???" Exactly...tread more carefully)

When I have been physically attacked for being "gay"?? And you accuse me of being a defender of homophobia?

clique my arse.

self-elected, self important, jumped up would-be ombudsman, you are. Didn't you promise to f*** off weeks ago?

This claiming of clique is the easiest, pissiest, laziest tactic. I've never met half the people you speak of. But I have met you. You seemed all right. But in the last year you are like some rotweiller of language and semantics.

You dare speak of how people use "ponce"? And you compare it to "nigger"??

You should be ashamed of yourself.

My My

all this fuss over something that you can simply avoid, it's a bit like television, if you don't like the program turn over, in the case of FG if you don't like it or the methods used to farm it then eat somewhere else, don't stop people who do like it from enjoying it, my my the forum is becoming more and more of a nanny state every week.

Personally I like it, but I am not about to force my likes down the throats of those who don't B)

So the EDF is back.

It's been a slow week in the office and every time I turn to EDF for my reliable dose of light relief (once I've seen the latest daily mash instalment) all I have found is some fecking carry on about bollards.

I turn away for a day and come home to find an 8 page classic which whilst focussed on Foie Gras (of all things) acted as a medium for all the usual posturing.

TM you have truly captured the hearts and minds of East Dulwich and provided a wonderful distraction from the Hackgate tedium. I salute you even if I would prefer it that you leave the Prince Regent alone.