Do you want Controlled Parking YES or NO

The Elms Care Home in Barry Road are having problems with motorists parking too close to, and slightly over their dropped kerb making it difficult for ambulances to access the building. They put a friendly note a offending car a little while ago asking for a little consideration, the note was removed but the vehicle remained.

The formal Traffic Management Order - the last stage in the process - for the new Dog Kennel Hill Controlled Parking Zone 'Q' has been issued. Please see follow its link - http://www.southwark.gov.uk/assets/attach/6792/v4%20Dog%20Kennel%20Hill%20CPZ%20Q%20(notice%20dated%2017%20May).pdf

The deadline for responses is early June so expect it to be implemented July/August.

Do you know if there is going to be an open meeting so people can voice their concerns or will it be as usual just put through on the nod.

I was told you would be able to do this.

How many times do they want you write in.

Regards

Fidgetsmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Absolutely NOT. This is precisely why we moved

> here was to get away from the ridiculousness of

> CPZs.

Seriously, you moved house just to get away from paying a few quid a week for parking?

I totally support CPZ sceme around Ondine, Oglander, Adys, etc. The whole area is solid with cars, skips and vans and consequently there is nowhere for residents to leave their cars. I'd happily pay #125 pa. However, we must have residents only and 8.30 to 18.00 not just 12.00 - 14.00. Payment by telephone means that any commuter can park all day and then call in and pay by phone - what is a couple of pounds to our city boys who drive to East Dulwich then train into London Bridge?

Seriously, you moved house just to get away from paying a few quid a week for parking?

It is possible that they moved house not to avoid a few quid to park in their 'own' road, but to know (1) if their own road was parked up they could try to park in an adjacent road without being fined and (2) that they could park across the area where they lived, including adjacent to shops and other amenities without having to worry about parking restrictions. Because, you must remember, the council will sell more 'rights' to park than there are necessarily places to park.

The whole area is solid with cars, skips and vans

Because you sure as hell (for skips and vans) don't want to live in a road where tradesman can easily park-up to repair anything that has gone wrong, or householders have alterations and work done on their houses.

We live in a city (in an inner suburb of a city) where lots of people live and where public transport is a joke. Expect there to be people who need to have and use cars. That's why it's parked up. The number of commuters not commuting to ED (i.e. to work for us living in ED) is far less than you would like to think. But let's look forward to having no teachers or dentists or nurses in the area, so long as you can park outside your house (not that you'll be able to, probably, as there will have been more permits than spaces sold anyway).

Penguin68 Wrote:

But let's look

> forward to having no teachers or dentists or

> nurses in the area, so long as you can park

> outside your house (not that you'll be able to,

> probably, as there will have been more permits

> than spaces sold anyway).

Oh come on, there are pros and cons to CPZs but there's no evidence for that statement, is there? Are the numerous CPZs in Southwark and elsewhere in London notable for their lack of teachers. nurses and dentists?

I know of no known pro's to a CPZ apart from Southwark Council's bank account. Those of you under the impression that it will make the area a more pleasant one to live in are very much either under a very false illusion or have never lived in a cpz.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

> The 'commuter' parking is nearly

> all local, as the council discovered when it

> proposed the Grove Vale CPZ.

Please can you reference where this is what the council discovered?

I can?t find any mention of it in the report but have seen the cabinet member signing off the decision on 15th March 2012 wrote the following -

?I do not think that it?s right that people from far and wide outside the area of consultation should seek to deny the residents within a coherent area a CPZ if that?s what they want to solve their parking problems? and ?some involved in that campaign resorted dubious tactics, including implying that residents who wanted a CPZ do not ?love? Dulwich, misleading shops across the SE22 area that the council were keen to introduce a CPZ even up as far as Lordship Lane, even going as far as denying there is not a commuter parking problem around East Dulwich Train Station. There clearly is a commuter parking problem in the streets surrounding East Dulwich Train station but in the final analysis sufficient numbers of residents have rejected the CPZ to make me confident that my rejection of its introduction is the right one.

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/documents/s27502/Signed%20Record%20of%20Decision%20Grove%20Vale%20controlled%20parking%20zone%201%20and%202%20stage%20report.pdf

Mscrawthew Wrote:

> I know of no known pro's to a CPZ apart from

> Southwark Council's bank account.

More fake news - they are not allowed to profit from a CPZ by law - any surplus must be invested back into transport related improvements such as highway improvements and scchool crossing patrols.

Mscrawthew Wrote:

> Those of you under the impression that it will make the area a

> more pleasant one to live in are very much either

> under a very false illusion or have never lived in

> a cpz.

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/assets/attach/2111/Parking_zones_-_before_and_after_photos.pdf

These before & after photos from nearby CPZs show otherwise - Southwark typically expect a 40% reduction in parked cars.

As well as a few other benefits below - cleaner air, less congestion and encouraging sustainable travel are my personal favourites. More free spaces would also result in less of the daily horn beeping and aggression when cars can't squeeze past each other at what is about to become the entrance to the new secondary school.

- more parking spaces for local residents and businesses (by preventing commuter and long stay parking)

prioritised parking for different types of motorists (eg. residents, disabled visitors, delivery companies, motorcycles, businesses)

- less congestion

- more convenient parking options for residents' visitors or trades persons

- improved journey times for buses

- greater reliability with your delivery slots

- improved road safety (by designating where it's safe to park and where it's not)

- cleaner air (by deterring non essential car journeys)

- reduced noise levels

- new developments (by reducing the impact on existing communities)

- new businesses and assistance to existing businesses (by making available parking permits)

- sustainable travel (by encouraging motorists to walk or cycle)

Mscrawthew Wrote:

> Southwark Council's bank account. Those of you

> under the impression that it will make the area a

> a cpz.

I have, in Herne Hill. It made parking slightly easier. But pretty much the area was exactly the same; it's not armageddon whether you have one or not, as many seem to believe.

You may not be aware of the impending Southwark Spine changes that will increase parking pressure along its route. The council are pushing this through in spite of the majority of the Consultation respondents being against it.

Total loss of on-street parking spaces across Adys, Oglander, Crystal Palace, Goodrich and Landells Roads = 55

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?ID=6454

When I posted in November about the Southwark spine I calculated 43 just between The Great exhibition and the Castle. Depends on whether you count only the ones on the road itself or those on all the corners affected. "I looked at the Southwark spine maps for the cycle route from Peckham to the Plough. The yellow lines at the junctions on Crystal Palace Road and the side roads just between the Great Exhibition and the Castle will result in the loss of 43 (yes 43) parking spaces. Now that will really upset the parking balance!"

Mscrawthew Wrote:

> Southwark Council's bank account. Those of you

> under the impression that it will make the area a

> a cpz.

I think it would put an end to the semi-permanent dumping of commercial and recreational vehicles in Adys Rd and the surrounding streets.

ed_pete Wrote:

> You may not be aware of the impending Southwark

> Spine changes that will increase parking pressure

> along its route. The council are pushing this

> through in spite of the majority of the

> Consultation respondents being against it.

> Total loss of on-street parking spaces across

> Adys, Oglander, Crystal Palace, Goodrich and

> Landells Roads = 55

>

> http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetail

> s.aspx?ID=6454

Ironically the loss of parking opposite the Adys/Nutbrook junction will encourage larger vehicles to use it as a rat run. At the moment coaches and lorries get stuck at the corner because of the parked cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Again, as I say there will be fewer spaces not more if the cpz is brought in. Everthing you have quoted is fine in an ideal world but it just doesbt happen like that unfortunately. You almost sound like an advert for cpz, Do you work for the council by any chance?

bels123 Wrote:

> Mscrawthew Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Those of you under the impression that it will

> make the area a

> > more pleasant one to live in are very much

> either

> > under a very false illusion or have never lived

> in

> > a cpz.

>

> https://www.southwark.gov.uk/assets/attach/2111/Pa

> rking_zones_-_before_and_after_photos.pdf

>

> These before & after photos from nearby CPZs show

> otherwise - Southwark typically expect a 40%

> reduction in parked cars.

>

> As well as a few other benefits below - cleaner

> air, less congestion and encouraging sustainable

> travel are my personal favourites. More free

> spaces would also result in less of the daily horn

> beeping and aggression when cars can't squeeze

> past each other at what is about to become the

> entrance to the new secondary school.

>

> - more parking spaces for local residents and

> businesses (by preventing commuter and long stay

> parking)

> prioritised parking for different types of

> motorists (eg. residents, disabled visitors,

> delivery companies, motorcycles, businesses)

> - less congestion

> - more convenient parking options for residents'

> visitors or trades persons

> - improved journey times for buses

> - greater reliability with your delivery slots

> - improved road safety (by designating where it's

> safe to park and where it's not)

> - cleaner air (by deterring non essential car

> journeys)

> - reduced noise levels

> - new developments (by reducing the impact on

> existing communities)

> - new businesses and assistance to existing

> businesses (by making available parking permits)

> - sustainable travel (by encouraging motorists to

> walk or cycle)

If everyone in ED stopped getting loft conversions done at the same time i'm sure we'd see some improvement.

Constant skips and sand bags.

Also, not everybody has the money to pay for a parking permit just to have the luxury to park in front of their own houses.