Witness appeal - outside The Plough Sat 4th Nov 5.15pm (Lounged)

MisterM

A long shot but worth a go - Outside the dry cleaners next to The Plough, saturday night 4th Nov at about 5.15pm a green Peugeot 306 crashed into the back of me while I was letting someone cross the road, just before the traffic lights.

He then proceeded to drive off. Ten mins of chasing later I managed to catch him. We were going up one-way streets the wrong way and everything. There was no way I was going to let him get away. I was actually driving a courtesy car after having my own car written off by another driver of similar skills.

Anyway, exchanged details etc but I am really after anyone seeing it stepping forward. It is pretty much a cut and dry case and you probably wouldn't even be contacted but I am so cross with this idiot that I just want my side of things solid as possible.

For anyone wondering what his excuse was as to why he didn't stop? He didn't have one and didn't kow why he did it. Kept on saying sorry but more like sorry I chased and caught him.

So be careful people - have your wits about you at all times.

This was a bit more than a shunt. His bonnet ended up folded up and my bumper is smashed in. As for injury, I am surprised how much the impact has hurt my neck. Yeah, yeah. I hear you cry, all for the sake of a claim but 'tis true.

Sympathy from my gf???? No chance, got to go, I'm cooking dinner tonight :))

I telephoned the police - now that I do have his details they said no offence has been committed! I said not even any kind of repremand and they said no, nothing.

Perhaps I'll rob a bank and if I get caught I'll just give them the money back then surely "no offence has been committed" and I will get away scott free.

if he crashed into your rear, so to speak, were you stopped at a crossing, lights or somesuch? otherwise if you've stopped on a road, i'm not sure wether you are both wrong. he for not stopping " at the scene of an accident" and you for stopping in the middle of the road, in the first place. Also you have written that "We were going up one-way streets the wrong way and everything." and I've no idea how the old bill might regard this behaviour.

regards

This is an offence, the Police officer has mugged you off!!

If you go into a Police Station and pick up a 'self reporting' accident form, complete that, it then gets sent to the dedicated traffic criminal justice unit who will investigate what offences have been committed, ie-fail to stop at scene of personal injury accident, no insurance etc....

mishadreams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> if he crashed into your rear, so to speak, were

> you stopped at a crossing, lights or somesuch?

> otherwise if you've stopped on a road, i'm not

> sure wether you are both wrong.

There are many reasons for stopping in the road, (Children running out and such like...) and if someone goes into you it is their fault 99.9% of the time, for driving without due care, or for simply being too close to stop.

Mister M, suggest you now go to the Police in person, also tell your insurance company what happened....and amybe a local paper, if the police seem a little slow to respond. Don;t mention the driving down one way streets though, as in this Fuc&ed up world you'll end up getting done...

got to agree with mishadreams. when I was learning to drive a year ago I also stopped to let someone one cross and my driving instructor screamed at me telling me how unsafe it was to do so as someone could drive in to us and that I would fail my test instantly if I did the same on my test.

one of my pet hates is fellow drivers just suddenly stopping in the road,to let people cross,other drivers out etc. my motto is stop for no-one even drivers trying to force their way out,any collision and its their prob as they,re the one emerging. they tend to call it courtesy, i call it downright stupidity and dangerous, saying that you go into someones ass its your fault, and at a minimum you could get done for careless driving or driving without due care and attention.

Hmm, just read the incident description again - stopping or slowing to people out or to cross when the flashing man is red, unless you're in stationary traffic and have left a gap, is a menace. As a motorcyclist, I'm forever looking out for this bad practice. The guy behind should've stopped to share details - he may have a 50-50 case.

Um

Theres a few basic rules of driving

1) always give way to pedestrians

2) always drive so you can stop in time.

someone hits your ass, its his fault.

I would go to your Doc and complain of neck pains - I knopw this is sick and a sad side of our society, but it will register the accident as more than a common or garden RTA - when someone is injured, the filth have to get involved

get it on record asap.

PS it alos makes things easuer should the driver be uninsured 0- the Insurers have a fund to cover this and you need to get on their radar to claim.

you can visit the turd later and ensure he knows the error of his ways with a kicking.

There are a few basic rules to being a pedestrian, this being one of them: on busy roads, use the pelican crossing and only cross when the little man is green, not flashing green or red or if someone insists on letting you out, as they may not be aware of other traffic.

doesnt matter - even if the ped. is wrong, you stop for them.

Pedestrians are not insured nor are they forced to take a test.

If you are driving too fast to stop in time for any emergency, no matter the cause, then you are to blame

I must remind myself not to post on here so freely. Some of your remarks are just ridiculous.

A 50/50 case? Do you actually live in the real world? If you don't know what you are talking about then I suggest you keep those didgets from the keyboard. Traffic lights were red and there is a queue of cars, I've stopped with enough gap for person to cross the road. Then bang, yes I can see how that was half my fault.

And as for how the old bill will regard my behaviour for chasing him up a one-way street, well, I don't really care much what they think. And it was the very short one way bit at the start of Friern Road and he was creating a path as he was in front.

Yes, next time I will just remember the number plate with my photographic memory and being able to read it backwards in my mirror within the space of 2 seconds. Good idea, thanks for that one. Then what if it is a stolen car? Sorry MisterM, it was a stolen car and you will have to wait 12 years to get fifteen pounds from a special fund. In the meantime if you just pay your own excess and keep quiet like a good little citizen.

As you might just be able to tell I am a bit wound up. I'm only in a courtesy car because my own car was written off by a Hungarian artic lorry driver who lost concentration and completely squashed my car. I was not about to be stitched up again by this arsehole, hence the chase.

I won't be posting again for any kind of support. This is not directed to everyone who replied on this thread of course.