Goggle box

mockney piers

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> but yeah, loneliness, isolation and grief seem to

> be threads in common with all the main characters,

> or judging by the way the elements and lighting

> were used, everyone in Yorkshire!!

Did you watch Red Riding a couple of years back?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I enjoyed The Game on BBC over the last 6 weeks, think it's still on iplayer.

Anyone seen something called No offence on Channel 4? Colleague was recommending it to me, but she likes some shite, so would appreciate some views.

Been watching Fortitude (2 episodes away from the end of season 1 - Season 2 has been comissioned).

After being a bit unsure at the end of episodes 1 & 2 (double episode), I may well have not bothered, but the wife liked it a lot so we pushed on. Glad we did, it's very good. Unique location (set in northern most Norwegian island, but I think largely filmed in Iceland), good cast, and with 2 episodes yet, I have yet to work it out (I have theories, but not sure, and usually I'm pretty good at guessing these thigs).

Would recommend. Only 12 45 minute episodes, so not too much of a commitment.

aquarius moon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Did anything significant happen in the first

> half?

>

> I agree the 2nd half was good and easy to pick up

> but I wondered why Gemma Chan wasn't behaving!

> Might watch it online unless someone can enlighten

> me.

You'd better watch it online. Basically there were a series of flashbacks alluding to some traumatic event but it didn't reveal much.

The Walking Dead - If anyone has yet to have a look, especially if they're thinking "zombies are not my thing", then I recommend you try.

Zombies really aren't my thing except for Shaun of the Dead, and the awesome Zombieland, but they're more piss takes.

However, I decided recently to give TWD a try, and ended up doing 5 seasons in about a month. Very gripping stuff. Most episodes are good, with only the odd one where nothing much seems to go on. It's not constant zombie zombie zombie, it's about a group of people trying to get on, and trying to survive. It's about trying to cling on to whatever it is that makes us human, even when everything we know has gone to shit.

I like it a lot.

Although I'd say both Fortitude and Walking Dead are at the top of my second tier, not quite top tier with the HBO Classics.

Although...

SPOILER ALERT, STOP READING NOW IF YOU'RE NOT UP TO DATE WITH GoT...

Was it really bloody necessary to have a child burnt at the stake last week in a scene which does not happen in the books (and if the author puts it in a future book then he's just become a puppet to a TV Show), was not required for the p[lot, and has now totally ruined a character that was becoming popular?

Gratuitous shit.

Anyone else completley underwhelmed by Stonehouse? Really thought it was poor and unbelievable with cliched dialogue and 'behind you' plot but ther critics seem to love it. All pretty to look at admittedly - people, locations etc

• 2 weeks later...