Mindless Thugs in East Dulwich

MrPoole

maybe the kids nede to be canned at skol like we where i was taking to a boy at the roit aboute canning at skchol and he says he is always caned at sckoll i9 says realy anbd he say yeah i get caned in the boges at brek time and i was shoked as i thouhgt that pushinemnt was baned by erope and he say nah caned on kronic and he was takig bout canabis lol

Rick Channing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Apologies. I did indeed cut and paste that. It was

> from Max Hasting's column in the Daily Mail.

I wouldn't worry too much Rick - plenty others do it on here and don't get pulled up for it.

richardbach Wrote:

> maybe the kids nede to be canned at skol

What? Like beer? Can't they be canned at Carling? It's much closer than having to ship them all the way to Scandinavia.

I think we all know what Richard's getting at, Loz. Why not forgive the impeded literacy (can you be sure that you aren't ridiculing a dyslexic or mentally handicapped user?) and engage the post constructively. I got the cane at school as a last resort, and looking back, it never did me any lasting harm.

Apology fine and as you were.

It's nothing to do with being unable to refute Max's arguments. To post three paragraphs as your own words is taking the piss. Because I'd read the article (disagreed with about 80% and agreed with about 20)%, I knew it to be plagiarism. Perhaps if other people aren't always picked up on it, it's because it's not quite so brazen and goes unnoticed..?

If you don't want to quote the source (lest we feral liberals round on you for your Tory reading habits), you can always say, "here's something I read the other day". Passing it off as your own, not on.

Is this the thread where the occasional interesting post abbout the riots happens? I'm kind of lost what with there being 173 about riots at the last count, but anyway.

I have to admit that my first thoughts on seeing the mayhem were not about why but about whether this was a societal game changer we're seeing, if the underclass have understood the power of the mob and will harness it cunningly for their nefarious ends or if this is a one off summer of sam type madness that will be one to remember in the history books.

All those musings were soon forgotten as the phlegm flecked knee jerk rants took over this board and i was forced into some futile defensive imploration at people to try to see wider contexts and understand that 'string 'em up' 'they're scum' is't actually going to solve any problems.

Aaaanyway, this chap has done a very interesting article deliberately avoiding the whys and wherefores and looking at it from the view of social and technological dynamics. It's pretty interesting reading for those able to spell and string sentences together without inducing a major self-inflicted coronary.

http://kingsofwar.org.uk/2011/08/the-leviathans-new-clothes-information-and-power-relationships-by-jack-mcdonald/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+KingsOfWar+%28Kings+of+War%29

StraferJack Wrote:

> Really Katie? I see people pulled up from time to

> time. Who have I missed?

Strafer, I have spotted a fair few on here that have not cited their sources and yes, the DR is most likely where it happens most. Perhaps no-one mentions it as its become the norm.

As an aside, why anyone would want to cut and paste anything - be it from the Daily Mail, Guardian, FT or blasted Wikipedia, to deliberately pass off as their own - is beyond me. And if anyone is reluctant to cite their source on here if it does not broadly concur with views of some of the most frequent posters is a dispiriting thought. (Excusing any offensive/inflammatory material of course).

In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste offer user-interface paradigms for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users require the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. This paradigm has close associations with graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).

Brendan Wrote:

> In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and

> copy and paste offer user-interface paradigms for

> transferring text, data, files or objects from a

> source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users

> require the ability to cut and paste sections of

> plain text. This paradigm has close associations

> with graphical user interfaces that use pointing

> devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and

> drop, for example).

Just so as not incur the wrath of Rosie, you understand.

In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste offer user-interface paradigms for transferring text, data, files or objects from a source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users require the ability to cut and paste sections of plain text. This paradigm has close associations with graphical user interfaces that use pointing devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and drop, for example).

LOL!!

mockney piers Wrote:

> In human-computer interaction, cut and paste and

> copy and paste offer user-interface paradigms for

> transferring text, data, files or objects from a

> source to a destination. Most ubiquitously, users

> require the ability to cut and paste sections of

> plain text. This paradigm has close associations

> with graphical user interfaces that use pointing

> devices such as a computer mouse (by drag and

> drop, for example).

>

> LOL!!

Cutting and pasting without citing your sources is one thing; but laughing at humour you're trying to pass-off as your own - unforBleedin'givable! ;-)

When I was young or during the war? this generation is different there far more pressures, now and if you come from a background where you have a one parent family or even two parent family and the parent or parents don?t care or kid themselves what role models to you have.

I am not condoning what happen but we have to look at the underline problem the coalition sticking there fingers in the ears is not helping if they don?t tackle this problem it will happen again this has been building up for sometime.

Ridgley, what a shocking post. First, many children did not see their fathers or male relatives during the war for months at a time.secondly, their mothers were working and exhausted mentally and physically. How dare you say that families nowadays have anything like the stress those people were under.

Largely ungrammatical posts on here do, however, reinforce my fear that there are people who have not been educated in the discipline of very basic English and that lack of learning and application does restrict their job choices, it is true.

Tell me this- why should a hardworking bus driver who has a family and pays tax, support these (by definition under employed) thugs?