Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Hey I've just dug up the interesting bit - who cares if he wraps it up with some praise for Lampard ;-)

Bottom line is, Fletcher, who was given the run around by 18 year Aaron Ramsey last weekend, is talking as if he is a match for elite midfielders. I've got nothing against Fletcher but hell he'd not even get in the Everton or Spurs midfield! Some might say it's ambitious talk, I say his head is in the clouds!

What's gone wrong at the Hammers?

Apart from bad luck, bad buyout and impending financial(again) doom.

James Collins

I think we sold a guy that made Upson good, a real blood and thunder centre half, not pretty (like Terry), but effective.

We will not go down though, much worse around us.

Honest!

Agree on Collins - rumour is we had to sell him as we were hoping to unload Davenport but 'events'. I just don't like looking around for teams that look weaker than us - Wolves and Pompey maybe but then!!! Next week's a crucial one and we've certainly been a bit unlucky at home to Liverpool, Spuds and Everton and careless away at Hull and Sunderland! I guess we've got most of the bottom teams to play still at home but I'm a bit worried about games we could have won or got something out of but haven't...aparently the finacial situation is getting a bit better. I think Upson will go in Jan though.

Hull's penalty for the 3rd goal was an absolute joke decision. When will referees begin to understand that in giving a penalty, they are giving a goal... and you don't give a goal for two players bumping into each other on the edge of the box, neither of them even in possession of the ball.

Liverpool very flat yesterday - barely testing Shay Given. Players were up for it, and City were there for the taking, but the system of putting everything through an unfit Gerrard was too easy to defend. I'd been hoping to see Aquilani or Riera brought on with 5 minutes to go as we pushed for victory but Rafa decided to replace the tired Yossi with another left back.

I've been told that Rafa's contract contains a clause that should Liverpool fail to make the last 16 of the CL he can be dimissed by the Yanks for ?5m (max) (rather than the full ?15m to ?20m).

Just making some observations Mick - I'd not trespass on your territory ;-)

We saw Shay Given on our train yesterday, he looked quite depressed, and looked suicidal when he had a photo with our group! Haha. Although he did have the humour to say Mark Hughes had told them at end of match that City 'should have won' the game.