Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

I think what I object to is the fact that EC/Atila can't let a United game go by without attacking one or other of the team or the manager for cheating/diving/offending his sensibilities in some way or other. There is rarely a balanced analysis of the game from him or the possibility of a debate. There's no balance. There's no acceptance that maybe this is a game and other teams, including his own, might bend or break the rules or might have decisions go for them that shouldn't have. The same old insinuations get trotted out time after time, we had too much time added on, no one gets a penalty awarded against United, the referee is biased towards united, the commentators and media are biased towards United. It's tired and tiring (hence the yawn). Have a debate, make sensible comments about the team and the performance but why always bring it back to the fact that we are favoured or that so and so should have had a red card etc. etc.

Sandperson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think what I object to is the fact that EC/Atila

> can't let a United game go by without attacking

> one or other of the team or the manager for

> cheating/diving/offending his sensibilities in

> some way or other. There is rarely a balanced

> analysis of the game from him or the possibility

> of a debate. There's no balance. There's no

> acceptance that maybe this is a game and other

> teams, including his own, might bend or break the

> rules or might have decisions go for them that

> shouldn't have. The same old insinuations get

> trotted out time after time, we had too much time

> added on, no one gets a penalty awarded against

> United, the referee is biased towards united, the

> commentators and media are biased towards United.

> It's tired and tiring (hence the yawn). Have a

> debate, make sensible comments about the team and

> the performance but why always bring it back to

> the fact that we are favoured or that so and so

> should have had a red card etc. etc.

Most of this is erroneous, as for balance, most of the postings on here lack that.

Emerson Crane Wrote:

> Cheers Chavski. Fergusons comments bemoaning the

> refs decisions going against them were steeped in

> irony. Luiz not being sent off was his chief

> gripe. Has he never heard of karma? What goes

> around comes around eh Fergie? Rooney should have

> been serving a ban so strictly speaking shouldn't

> have been on the the pitch for Luiz to foul, but

> hey, I'm not arguing. And Vidic out for Liverpool

> game. Oh dear!!

The time for Fergie to have said all that about a player who should have got sent off, bad Ref, and how it changed the game, was at Wigan. Then perhaps instead of neutrals like myself pissing themselves laughing with his hypocracy last night, in his post match interview, he'd have banked some credibility rather than what is now just the sad pathetic snide remarks of a foul old Manager trying to influence the Ref ahead of Sunday's game at Anfield.

matthew123 Wrote:

> Watched the Old Firm match tonight on Sky - utter

> disgrace. Do we want them in Premiership - no

> thanks!!

At the risk of being accused of being antagonistic, inflammatory etc I agree. No place in the game for such nonsense, maybe in Latin America, but not here.

matthew123 Wrote:

> Emerson Crane Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Cheers Chavski. Fergusons comments bemoaning

> the

> > refs decisions going against them were steeped

> in

> > irony. Luiz not being sent off was his chief

> > gripe. Has he never heard of karma? What goes

> > around comes around eh Fergie? Rooney should

> have

> > been serving a ban so strictly speaking

> shouldn't

> > have been on the the pitch for Luiz to foul,

> but

> > hey, I'm not arguing. And Vidic out for

> Liverpool

> > game. Oh dear!!

>

> The time for Fergie to have said all that about a

> player who should have got sent off, bad Ref, and

> how it changed the game, was at Wigan. Then

> perhaps instead of neutrals like myself pissing

> themselves laughing with his hypocracy last night,

> in his post match interview, he'd have banked some

> credibility rather than what is now just the sad

> pathetic snide remarks of a foul old Manager

> trying to influence the Ref ahead of Sunday's game

> at Anfield.

I'm surprised you haven't had Narnia and Sandperson accusing you of imbalance, rudeness, being inflammatory etc. You can bet if I'd put that on here, they'd have been at me straight away.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> It just might be because Matthew is a Liverpool

> supporter but I did agree with your original post

> yesterday (perhaps you've forgotten that) and I

> also thoroughly agree with Matthew's post today

> too.

No I haven't forgotten, but where on this post have I said Jah Lush will be after you? Can we now agree to move on?

> Emerson Crane wrote -

> No I haven't forgotten, but where on this post

> have I said Jah Lush will be after you? Can we now

> agree to move on?

I'm not after you. Do you have a persecution complex? Yes, let's move on shall we.

Looks like the FA are after Ferguson for his latest slur on poor refereeing. Matthew's point about his timing after Rooney's elbow last week is spot on.

If anyone cares to bother, please scroll back and find that I was the first person on this thread to accuse Rooney of thuggery in the Wigan match. It got completely overlooked until some of you read about it in the papers I suppose. It can't be true if it's not in a paper, can it?

Of course you would Jah. It was nearly yesterday...........give or take a few days. Sit down now and have a rest. You must be relieved that the plot to kidnap you failed miserably though the 'missing' thread was started on time.