Northcross Road Market

Zak

Okay so I suppose every market has buskers now and then, but do they really need to be amplified to the extent that anyone living within earshot gets only the thud-thud-thud of their crappy bass all bloody afternoon?

Busk if you must but do it 'unplugged'.

maxxi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Okay so I suppose every market has buskers now and

> then, but do they really need to be amplified to

> the extent that anyone living within earshot gets

> only the thud-thud-thud of their crappy bass all

> bloody afternoon?

>

> Busk if you must but do it 'unplugged'.

Or......you could go live in the country

Mrs. DrinkingBuddy and I were only commenting today on how great the market is and we're pleasantly surprised by the rare musical performance. I personally wish they would extend the road closure up to Fellbrigg now as the extension of the market is (at least to us) a huge success, even with the Parkin problems it brings to those of us living near by.

Kitie76 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Also, thing are way too expensive..

xxxxxx

I bought a cake there on Saturday to take to a celebration.

It was ?7 and way way nicer than anything I could have bought in a supermarket. Lemon and poppy seed, yummy icing, and nicely presented in a box.

I thought it was a bargain.

Hi All

I have nothing against Northcross Rd market. I do like to have a potter down there from time to time and have bought the odd thing or two but I thought that markets were supposed to be cheaper given that the overheads are less and the savings are passed on to the customer.

I used to love East St market because it was good value and you could have a haggle, not sure if Northcross is good value and I wouldn't want to barter down on any prices.

Peckhamrye Wrote

Northcross Road market isn't about bargains, it's about artisan produce, good quality vintage, antiques and street food (very ED) - if you want 'cheap' markets then get thee to Rye Lane where fruit, veg, meat, seafood and clothes are extremely well priced.

Well they saw you coming didn't they

Any attempt at comparison is futile, NC market is NOT trying to compete with Rye Lane and Brixton etc !

It's like slagging off the NC market popcorn stall because it costs more than Co-Op's popcorn, non-sensical, NOT trying to be a Co-Op is it !?

Rye Lane 'market' doesn't sell antiques, art work, fudge, gourmet hotdogs, home-made quality pies, 2nd hand books, vintage clothes, bike repairs.

Pointless, ill-conceived comparison IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is it me or is North Cross road market shrinking / less busy these days? Sad to see, as some fab stalls - the food (all of it!), popcorn, new arts & crafts stall for kids, clothing...

Need the market to get bigger and have more visitors, hopefully it is just a slow patch, would be good to see it as popular as it has been to date!