Who's been using the forum for ten years or more?

I?ve posted 5,636 times across just over 11 years, registering on 26/02/2007.

I do miss a lot of people, but some new people have come along and are just as entertaining.

To find myself listed on a thread about long term posters makes me feel somewhat institutionalised, ?part of the furniture?, and to think I?ve always tried to stylise myself as the outsider, a working class hero battling against the gentrified forum clique. How ironic.

Louisa.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Baptism by fire! But you survived and you've

> probably outlived most of the people involved.

> Good for you.

I see someone did not like my " Baptism Of Fire". As soon as I started quoting Nietzsche the thread disappeared...lol

Have to say I don't miss the days when the clique was at its height. Sometimes it seemed as though if a quorum of them shared an opinion that was different from yours, it meant you were 'proved' wrong and bullied into submission. That was why I deleted my first profile and took a break. I find the forum more inclusive these days, even if the lounge is quieter. These days when people take issue with each other it tends to be more about what's being said than about personalities and groups. Just my opinion, though - others may well remember it differently.

It'll be 10 years for me in July. I don't post that much but it's made my life in East Dulwich for me - the forum drinks that various people have organised over the years have introduced me to many people who have gone on to become close friends. It's a big part of the reason I've lived here longer than anywhere since leaving home.

8,651 posts in just short of 11 years. Oh, dear. Though I do like when, like today, old threads get resurrected with old posters like annaj and Moos.

(I'm trying to think of who RPC's previous self could be.)

> georgia Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I registered in 2006. Have made some good

> friends

> > through the forum.

>

> Did you organise the monthly forum drinks? I think

> I met you at a couple of them.

Yes I used to, we had some good nights out!

It peaked with 75 "runners" and lots of spectators. Thankfully no serious injuries. Folks moved away and I suppose life got in the way. I will have an enduring memory of an avocado running down Barry Road, and the large spill out of folks from the Clock house onto the road. Fun times, and on paper easier than it actually is to do!

> The BBRR looked all set to become a permanent

> fixture on the ED calendar and I loved that it had

> the recklessness of something with medieval folk

> origins. Why did it stop? Were too many people

> sick or injured?

2010 was a good run. There was a better video..

> I never entered because I'm a rubbish drinker and

> there's no way I could have made it down the hill

> without falling over.