Royal Mail, East Dulwich Sorting Office a Mess?

bishop

Hi, I live along Colyton Road and pretty certain I'm not alone on this one. Since the beginning of October I haven't been receiving some items of post. One thing I have been receiving is other peoples. Which I have returned, but needless to say shouldn't even be arriving at my door especially considering that some items are for completely different roads!

I'm pretty sure that this is either the postal workers fault (incompetence?) or sorting office but does make you wonder about the quality of service, more worryingly are the implications of personal items of mail ending up at some one else's door. Already I'm missing Octobers bank statement. I'm also missing a few packages and credit card.

I found this forum through a forum some one on Colyton road has actually setup regarding this issue.

http://nopostcolyton.myfreeforum.org

Has anyone else had other peoples post turning up or just not receiving their post? (6)

Thanks horsebox, I actually didn't mean to create a new thread, I was suppose to create it under the existing! ah well it must be the rage running through me, due to all this!

Either way I've registered a complaint with Royal Mail. Tried to call the east dulwich sorting office to no avail. :(

Royal Mail customer services (08456112448, option 1 then 2)

Bishop - I live on Colyton Road & have been having problems with my post for a while, missing magazine subscriptions, cds going missing, credit cards taking ages to arrive. Today, we got so much post it was unbelievable, but sadly a lot of it belonged to the house next door! When you rang Royal Mail Customer Services what happened, did you complaint get addressed? I've given up with the sorting office in East Dulwich, its always so riduculously busy that they are not interested.

Hi Pearcesa.

Sorry to hear about your mail. Royal Mail customer services only seemed to be interested when I mentioned that I had packages from over a month ago that were yet to turn up, and that I had been receiving other peoples post.

At first she just told me that I needed proof of postage I explained its a bit hard to get this when I'm not the sender! She then reluctantly went on to raise a note which would in turn get a query sent out to the east dulwich sorting office asking what the situation was.

I then asked her how I would be notified as to the whereabouts or possible delivery of my mail, and she said I would be sent a letter! So I guess i won't be getting that letter :(

I would def recommend giving it a shot and calling them, If you hear anything let us know !

I spoke to my good postie this morning and told him about the Forum and the problems people had listed. He said it was a backlog due to the strike and he also said it was to do with casuals. He didn't say exactly what the problem was with the casuals, but I suppose it is to do with their lack of knowledge etc. Nero

That's a useful nugget of information. Thanks, Nero. It is slightly strange how it seems to be the bulkier items that get waylaid, where the flat envelopes make it through. Different sorting process, perhaps?

Anyway, it's Friday, I shouldn't be fretting about the post. I'm off for a drink or 2 on LL.

Hurrah ! Just collected parcel from Silvester Road sorting office. Posted 30 October first class from somewhere or other in London. Arrived 16th November into our own very special corner of London. Wonder where it's been in the meantime......

P S I have always found the guys at Silvester Road very friendly and helpful.

I started a new thread about this because I've got some new information and it's a slightly different subject, but currenly there's a policy of giving customers 'you were out' cards without trying to deliver the parcels at all, in an attempt to clear the backlog. As this comes under the heading of 'lying to customers', I'm complaining strenuously about it and I suggest others do the same.

Horsebox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's a useful nugget of information. Thanks,

> Nero. It is slightly strange how it seems to be

> the bulkier items that get waylaid, where the flat

> envelopes make it through. Different sorting

> process, perhaps?

>

> Anyway, it's Friday, I shouldn't be fretting about

> the post. I'm off for a drink or 2 on LL.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one, I have also noticed that letters tend to arrive the following day or so, but any package has been taking 3/4 weeks to arrive. I am still waiting for a few of them.

Plus those parcel guys say that they show up but they never do, don't leave a card and I have had to contact sellers several times just for them to come back with a reference number and a message from the parcel guy saying "no one home, left card on day...".

Bullshit! I'm now well pissed off with all those postie guys and I'm getting a big dog with sharp teeth!

We can give out to the posties and local managers as much as we want (and their attitude sometimes REALLY makes me want!) but the bottom line is they whole thing is being cut to the bone

If our childhood postie was happy to have a chat and go out of his way I dare say it wasn't because he was a nicer person - he just didn't have as much pressure. Now the thing is being managed to death in the name of value for money

Anyone of us who has worked in any kind of service will have seen the same thing. I used to run an IT helpdesk and saw what happened when the whole thing was outsourced, jobs moved to Scotland and staff numbers halved. The fact is no-one anywhere up the tree WANTS to hear you say service will plummet, call waiting times will increas - and when they do realise their reputation is heading south several months later, money becomes no object. But all that time they had slashed their costs and satisfied this years financial/shareholder/takeover criteria

I have no time for the postal service since I lived with a postie (in a platonic fashion!). They used to work on TPO (Train mail) and would purposefully fail the mail if they didnt get asked to do overtime before they got on. Joyous thing was that the overtime would be paid regardless of whether they actually needed to work it! Bl**dy unions far tooooo powerful.

I've just been informed that someone has fraudulently attempted to bank a cheque, for several thousands of pounds, sent to me from Scotland on the 9th November. Now I'm not levelling any accusations but in my book there are only three points that it could be intercepted: at source, in the postal system, at point of delivery. I suspect the most likely are the latter two. Point of delivery is unlikely to be a problem unless the post if delivered to the wrong address, which again, is the royal mail's responsibility.

Before you point out that the sender should be using a more secure method of payment/delivery - I don't know why they don't

Its easy to point out the faults with unions, but we would be in a far sorrier postion than we are now without them & their work.

anyway, ED posties - I waited about a month for a special thing that never turned up - even though it was next day delivery.There wss the strike of course, which mucked everything up for a fortnight or longer, but after 3 weeks I dug out the tracking number the sender had mailed me and lo! apparently it had attempted to be delivered the previous week - No card / no note / nothing

I scuttled down to the PO and explained this to the chappies, who went and dug around in the back and found it - Yes, it appears that many parcels were not even taken out of the office, but scanned and recorded as failed delivery cos of management instruction, hence the lack of information on it - the counter fellow knew this and wasnt surprised when I was unable to produce a card