Kuki hair bellenden road

bobbyandmichael

OK, have taken the plunge & booked an appointment next week with Pauline for highly-fussy-teen daughter. Can anyone tell me exactly where it is in Bellenden? I'm assuming it's in the Bellenden shop parade but have realised that if it's elsewhere I'll be hopelessly stumped and potentially in a very stressful situation (daughter doing GCSE's and it doesn't take much to tip her)!

It is on Bellenden Road where the shops are - if you walk down Bellenden Road from East Dulwich direction, it's one of the first shops on the left, very close to the dog grooming place and the dry cleaners. Hope the appointment goes well - I was very pleased when I went.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Philosophie

I have very fine hair and had my hair cut with Pauline. I have never had a hairdresser who I feel 'understands' my fine hair before - I always feel like they don't believe when I say I don't know how to style it, and grips don't stay in and texture serum doesn't work etc. Pauline seemed to understand this and after she had finished my cut, took the time to show me stuff that did actually work.

I'm sure she would respect your nerves, but would be able to advise you on your hair as well. I have honestly never felt so looked after at a salon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had my haircut there a few weeks ago, and was delighted although a bit miffed that it had been blow-dried to within an inch of its life. (And scared it would never look the same again). I had asked for it to be more messy and 'get up and go'. However after 3 weeks now, it looks fantastic however I wear it, and I have had so many compliments. It really is great when you finally find a cracking hairdresser - I'm definitley a convert! Thanks so much Shingo....

I have recently had my hair cut by Aimee at Kuki and I love it! She is such a cool young stylist who has made me feel great. My hair is normally in rubbish condition and doesn't really fit into any particular style but she has done a brilliant job - I actually look stylish for once. It's also a style that will be easy to keep up, which is particularly fab as I'm a busy working Mum of 2. I'd definitely recommend Aimee and Kuki. A cool stylist at a cool salon.

Has anyone had a bad experience at this salon!? Going to book tomorrow after reading all the really positive feedback. I have been going to GMs for quite a long time now, but haven't been impressed lately and they have become quite pricey. Hope I will be joining the long line of satisfied customers.

I had my hair cut by Pauline and was really impressed: she spent ages talking to me about my hair and struck a really good balance between giving advice and taking in what I wanted. It's a little pricier than what I'd like to spend on a hairdressers outside zone 1 (?40), and the wash basins are a bit uncomfortable, but I was really impressed and would definitely go back!

I've also just had a very good cut from Shingo.

And had a great wash in a comfy chair with my feet up and a back massage (from the chair!), so I don't understand the post above about the uncomfortable basins!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another happy Kuki customer here. I trusted recommendations I'd read here and had my hair cut by Pauline this afternoon, and am thrilled. She spent time talking about my hair, listening to me, and offered really good advice as to what would suit me. She is lovely and has done a great job.

The salon has a really nice relaxed feel, very friendly, and there's a real feel that they love what they do.

Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After reading all these great reviews for Kuki, I'm keen to try it out. But when I called the number listed here (0203 4415792), the person who answered said it wasn't a hairdressers and I had the wrong number! Does anyone have a different phone number for them I can try?

Thanks!