Excellent Carpenter Recommendation - Greg

lozzyloz

• 3 weeks later...
I'd also like to add a recommendation for Greg. He's just completed building some floating shelves and fitted a new front door with locks. He's done a good job and I found him reliable and reasonably priced. Greg's mobile number is: 07949640999.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have been meaning to add our recommendation for Greg for ages - Greg has helped us out several times over the last few months - making shelves to match some existing ones, solving a sticky wooden door, and creating an access hatch in some patio decking. He's reasonably priced, very reliable and does a great job, and he's a very friendly chap too. He's good friends with an excellent decorator we've been using (Des who I've recommended on a separate thread) so the two of them work really well together if you need any woodwork that Greg does painting.

Greg's mobile is 07949640999

• 3 weeks later...
I also can recommend Greg - he came to sand our wooden kitchen work surfaces & oil them and helpfully brought along a kitchen fitter colleague who sorted a number of issues I had with cupboards & kitchen lights. Both very tidy & made sure no mess was left behind which was appreciated. This was the second time I've used Greg, and the second time he has done an excellent job.

• 4 weeks later...
I 'd like to highly recommend Greg as well... he cut down to size an old door we'd bought, hung it really well, installed the locks etc., and was kind enough to give me advice over the phone when I was buying the door even though he hadn't started the job yet! He was friendly, knowledgeable, worked hard and did a great job.

Just to add another recommendation for Greg, he's just hung a door for us and went out of his way to get the right door furniture and took his time fitting it into our wonky frame. Very professional, friendly and quite happy to work alongside a screaming baby!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We used Greg to fit some floating shelves, replace a kickboard in our kitchen and build us a new integrated winerack. We also got a new bench made from reclaimed wood. Everything looks great and was the quality of the worksmanship is evident. We'd definitely use him again or recommend to others.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg Bramwell has just finished repairing our rather dilapidated lean-to. In addition to replacing rotten timber, Greg also hung two new doors for us. The work has been done to a high standard and Greg was a pleasure to deal with.

I would highly recommend Greg for any carpentry work.

• 5 weeks later...
I would highly recommend Greg for any carpentry work. He has done various jobs over the past year in my house, e.g. repairing some garden doors, making a built in shelf in my bedroom and recently, constructing a beautiful built-in wardrobe in my living room. He is adamant that the client is happy and goes out of his way to make sure that the project is the way the client wants it. Furthermore the price/value relation is excellent. If he recommends a painter, called Des, to do paintwork, go for him as well. He has done an excellent painting job on my built-in wardrobe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Greg's details are

Tel: 07949 640999

Email: [email protected]

He just did some really excellent work for us: two big wardrobes, a cupboard and some floating shelves. He's a considerate workman and sticks with it, even if there are problems - for example, it turned out our walls weren't straight and smoke alarms and sockets needed to be moved. He was also kind enough to fix a couple of other issues like a sticking front door while he was at it.

Nice guy too. I would certainly recommend him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation. Greg just built two fitted wardrobes in the alcoves either side of the chimney breast in our bedroom. The space was not uniform (old slanty walls!) and he did a great job. We had three panels on each door finished with beading which gives

it a really smart finish.

We are really happy with his work and he did it for a fair price.

Just wanted to post another recommendation for Greg. He came at a half hour's notice to fit a dishwasher for me - it should have been an easy half-hour sort of job, but for all sorts of reasons (poor workmanship by previous contractors, mostly) it turned out to be quite complex, involving removing the kitchen worktop and crawling under the eaves to get at the water pipes. Greg got everything sorted, to a very good standard, and at a fair price.

Claire

• 2 months later...

Another recommendations for Greg.

Great response to an emergency situation , a overflow toilet cistern . Greg got everything sorted very fast .I had used him twice before for different jobs and found him very reliable.

Professional and friendly .

Will use him again and recommend to everyone .

If anyone is looking for a local carpenter I can highly recommend Philip Quinn. He laid our new oak floor and insulated the whole area underneath. He is an excellent craftsman with very high standards and attention to detail. Philip was involved in the whole process and helped us find the wooden floor at trade price and helped us decide on the best option for insulation. As it's probably the case with most ground floors in Victorian houses ours was terribly uneven, but Philip's patience and perfection resulted in a beautiful and even oak floor. He also made new skirting boards that of course were such a challenge with all the wonky walls but he made it all look so perfect! He also made bespoke doors for our storage area underneath the stairs. Very happy with the quality of his work. He is local and his number is 07701 097779

I'd like to recommend Alex from Crown Joinery. He has just done an excellent job on my French doors, using thermal glass and making sure everything was just as we wanted it. He is a lovely, knowledgeable chap, takes his time, but well worth it.

Another recommendation for Greg - and my reason for my first post on the EDF. Quick response to initial inquiry, lots of advice on ideas for shelving in our alcoves (we went for reclaimed wood shelves around fireplace) no attempts at 'up selling' and did the job in less time than he estimated, at a very reasonable price. Trustworthy and top quality work - I'm happy to recommend him. Mobile: 07949 640999.