Anyone having problems with Virgin Media today?

ribrob

Did some digging the other day into other fibre services, in Spurling Road at least, there's no other options.

If only Virgin have fibred your road, then only Virgin can give you highspeed internet.

After 2 hours calling around, the maximum anyone could offer us - BT included - was up to 8mb ADSL.

That's basically useless in a family house were the parents often work from home.

I don't how many roads haven't been done by BT round here, but if BT hasn't done your road as well as Virgin, then Virgin's your only option, as all the other suppliers use BT's fibre infrastructure.

After last week's fiasco..posted on here about no internet or tv for the best part of a week, I was incensed to find I have been billed for a whole month, despite assurances [when I called] that my account would be credited for no service last week [no, I didn't believe them, but it added fuel to my fire when I called them yesterday].

After half an hour of a nit-picking call centre gentleman trying to count up which days I should be refunded for, based on when I called 'and spoke to someone',...there is no record of the many calls where you listen to a recorded message about 'your area'...even though they confirm your postcode and mobile number.. ["So, you have NO record of how long we had no service in my area? The promise that my bill would reflect this is a lie then..?"]...

I pointed out that I expected recompense for time taken to make 16 phone calls, the lack of internet, lack of tv, loss of programmes-to-be-recorded, cost of extra data for my phone, general disruption to my day and now a 30min+ call after they promised me they would not charge me for a service I DIDN'T GET!!!!....I said 'if you are only going to be offering me ?s, you can put me through to cancelling my contract right now. He couldn't pass me on quick enough.

After another long rant with 'Retentions', and clarification of what I had put up with, I ended up with a ?50 credit, a reduction of my monthly bill from ?66pm to ?25pm for a year, then ?48pm after that, slightly faster internet speed and slightly reduced tv bundle that still includes all the channels I watch.

And although I was probably paying too much to start with, and MAY get a better deal elsewhere, I reckon I will be ?542 better off this coming year as against if I had done nothing at all.

That will pacify me through the next few times the service is down, by which time I will be ready to do battle again.

Thank you, but the area check number has confirmed that there are problems with my connection for the last week, and hasn't changed. The text messages I am getting from Virgin also confirm this. I spent over an hour on the phone to different departments from Virginmedia yesterday, all of whom confirmed that the fault is not due to be fixed until the 28th. However, each of the previous dates has gone by without the fault being rectified and I've got little confidence that my broadband will be restored by Friday.

Still down for us on East Dulwich Road too, told as it's been constantly down it's a specific issue to us rather than this area issue but engineer coming tomorrow finally! Also thinking of switching but can anyone comment on Sky or BT's reliability as being any better?

At least ring the retention dept and get some money back. They?ve offered me a one off ?50 credit and 30% of my monthly bill for a year.

If you (or anyone else) is thinking of switching EE have a good deal on at the moment and if you sign up via topcashback you get a ?100 back.

I've had no broadband for just over two weeks now. I had a text this morning to say that the fault had been fixed, but it hasn't. I have spent over four hours on the phone to Virgin today as I've also lost my voicemail service. I have been told so many different things by different departments today, and am losing the will to live. However, an engineer is finally being sent on Monday, supposedly to fix my broadband. I'll believe it when I see it.

Growlybear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've had no broadband for just over two weeks now.

> I had a text this morning to say that the fault

> had been fixed, but it hasn't. I have spent over

> four hours on the phone to Virgin today as I've

> also lost my voicemail service. I have been told

> so many different things by different departments

> today, and am losing the will to live. However,

> an engineer is finally being sent on Monday,

> supposedly to fix my broadband. I'll believe it

> when I see it.

Ours was fixed by the engineer today - broken cable outside so fingers crossed for you!

I was so fed up with virgin media that I ditched them a year ago for EE broadband. I was fearful that it would be incredibly slow in comparison butbthen reminded myself we hadn?t had any broadband for 9 weeks prior to that.

My experience of EE so far is positive. Yes there are times when it seems slower, but it rarely actually stops working altogether.

Virgin has oversold itself in this area and its infrastructure can?t cooeZ

Do yourselves a favour and ditch them!