Anyone having problems with Virgin Media today?

ribrob

You only have to search "Virgin" on this forum to find the many threads over the years bemoaning Virgin and their promises to fix their service in the area, its tiresome

I switched to BT two years ago and its much better (Friern Road)

We couldn't even download a programme on catch up quicker than we could watch it, Virgin was soo slow.

I have to say, having complained on EDF about virgin on and off for a couple of years it has been (almost) fine the last year or so. Since I called Virgin, said I was going to terminate the contract, and went to the departure lounge to exit for good. Virgin then invoked their 'avoid a leaking bucket' policy of trying to convince me to not leave, but I insisted there was nothing to stay for. we ended-up agreeing a deal, they changed my routers and did some 'technical stuff' and hey presto ever-present issues vanished. I got the impression that what they did to improve my circumstances could have been done at any time, as long as they wanted to.

But they didn't, they just let me slide until I was about to leave.

It's unfortunate that this is what we have to do to get the support we need!

I am sure they throttle back existing passive customers to maximise how many people they can sign up and also give new customers or unhappy customers better speeds...Over the phone they are able to increase your connection performance when you complain within a few minutes

Calsug Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am sure they throttle back existing passive

> customers to maximise how many people they can

> sign up and also give new customers or unhappy

> customers better speeds...Over the phone they are

> able to increase your connection performance when

> you complain within a few minutes

I used to be a VM customer and was absolutely convinced they did this. That's one of the reasons I left

I am on hold cancelling my contract as well. I have had the contract since the 14th August, it worked until the 27th August. The wifi has been down ever since then because of an area fault and every day it is supposed to be fixed, they extend it another 6 days. There must be rules against this, how are they not getting fined by the relevant ombudsman?!?!?

Looks like I will need to go back to Sky although they drilled a hole through my door and their connection wasn't good either. I am at my wits end!!!