Anyone having problems with Virgin Media today?

ribrob

Virgin Price increase of ?4 a month looming and that is on top of 3 days this week with intermittent service on the internet and wiFi...

I have friends in an area of Berkshire where there is massive house building going on and their VM service is worse than ours and getting poorer by the day- I guess as the new properties get connected- it is unacceptable- but it is telling that it is almost impossible to communicate with them.

My friends too are in the process of breaking free of VM..

We received an ?11 credit which I assume is because of the outage but haven't received anything to conform this. Bit odd as companies tend to go to town with this sort of thing - received a letter recently from a company saying that an error had been made on my account and they were refunding me 27p!

Still working out how to talk to someone at Virgin, their "contact us" section of the website is a lesson to all businesses in how not to do it (unless your sole aim is to prevent anyone actually contacted you...)

I had issues with VM on Champion Hill for months - internet choppy and rarely hitting the 100Mbps I paid a few quid extra for (beyond them throttling it back during peak hours as standard). Avoided the pain of cancelling on the phone by cancelling via post giving my thirty days notice - they replied via post within a week to confirm. I was outside of my minimum contract.

Went with TalkTalk and getting 50Mbps for ?30 a month, rather than ?57pm with VM. Other service providers are available of course. VM used to be great but crap internet, that ancient Tivo box and price increases while the service declined ... early days with the new provider but so far so much better.

We've not had internet for two weeks also, an engineer was supposed to come today, I took the day off work and got a message to say they'd called and no one was home. Called them back and explained that either they'd gone to the wrong address or that was porkies. They told me the engineer would be back between 1-2 I gave them two mobiles to try if they found they couldn't get access (in case it was just a case of ropey satnav) at 2pm still no sign so called back to be told the engineer had called at the empty house and phoned both numbers and got no reply. I told them that was definitely a lie as I'd done nothing but sit by the window for an hour waiting for them.

Cancelled the account - I can live with occasional service issues but being lied to really pees me off.

We've finally had our broadband fixed after two weeks with no service whatsoever. Despite having been told repeatedly by the idiots in the overseas call centre for almost two weeks that our loss of service was caused by the area fault, the engineer confirmed that it had nothing whatsoever to do with that, and we had lost our broadband because of an old connection which had become faulty. This could have been put right within a couple of days, but instead took two weeks. To say I'm a bit cross is an understatement!

in may i discovered land line no longer working. Reported, luckily broadband functional. Turns out subcontractors have damaged line. Need permission to dig up pavement. Need to get permission from council. Cut ?10 off my bill, to acknowledge lack of service. Suddenly in September put price back up to full price. Still no landline, which i need as my elderly mother is ill and only likes to call on that.

Had letters to ask how i thought they dealt with complaint, which as i didn't bother replying to said my complaint no longer stands. I rang up after they called me, and i was told they would be notified i had called but they can't speak to me and would call me back.

Kafkaesque doesn't even cover it.

Our Sky broadband died for about 30 minutes late last night, at the same time our 3 service went to Emergency Calls Only.

Finally cancelled my 3 contract last month, they've been calling every other day trying to tempt me back ever since, no way I'd even consider it.

I had no Sky landline for three days from Tuesday. To find out why, I had to go via complaints online (broadband was working) and was told it would be fixed within 5 days. They rang my mobile to let me know there was an external fault and other people were affected but I wouldn?t have to stay in for an engineer. They rely on BY Openreach to do the repairs.