Anyone having problems with Virgin Media today?

ribrob

Whenever I postcode check Spurling Road - just off the roundabout at the bottom end of lordship lane - the only fibre option is virgin media.

A check on bt?s own site gives me ?You can get speeds up to 8Mb with our Broadband Unlimited?

I think only vm have cabled our road, so we are essentially stuck with them.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can anyone who has moved from VM to BT or any

> other provider in the area, advise if there was an

> improvement in service? I'm getting a bit fed up

> with VM.

Yes - huge improvement. We switched to BT about a year ago and have had no problems at all since. I work from home so the constant Virgin disruption in this area (which has gone on for YEARS) was a nightmare. I wish we'd switched much earlier - Virgin are absolutely taking the mickey and their customer service is dismal. I am still inundated with junk mail from them begging us to switch back, to which I have a very succinct two-word answer...

I'm having endless problems with Virgin broadband. Apparently a long term "utilisation fault" in the area - which is code for not enough capacity. Ref no F005765437. Hopeless call centre and live chat but some response on Twitter @virginmedia. I'd steer clear of Virgin for the foreseeable future as this fault isn't going to be fixed soon and makes broadband virtually unusable in the evening.

We?ve never had a problem with Virgin. Most of the time everything works perfectly, and on the odd occasion when there?s been a problem the service has been impeccable. That?s why we stayed with them when we moved, six years ago, from a provincial city to the middle of East Dulwich.

We should have left before but this is the final straw. I'm not naive enough to think any of the providers are without fault but after years of these outages and Virgin TV not working when you really want it to (e.g. on the rare occasions we have the time to sit down and watch a movie - "Sorry but we are experiencing unprecedented demand in your area, please try again later"" well f*** me, people are trying to watch a film on a Saturday night, who'd have thunk it) I think it's time to give someone else a go.

By the 12th it?s going to have been 2 weeks for me without broadband and I work from home. I thought that sky were bad but this is another level of appalling. I?m going to have to cancel it, the complete lack of care and concern from their customer service is doing nothing but aggravate matters

I have had, touch wood, good connection from Plusnet but who knows what happens in a month or so. Great customer service in UK andreceived a mail from them after 14 days telling me what was guaranteed and what speed I was getting. Cannot fault them at all since I started the order prrocess - had a problem just after connection & yes did have to wait for 10 minutes but was sorted. Would not toych Talk Talk or Virgin. Interestingly, I disn't pay TT for 2 months and they started threatening cancellation charges, non payment charges but as I had demanded some paper trail as they refused to e mail, they did send so did not have aleg to stand on. I actually sent a mail to CEO as I was so angry and it got the required outcome. No compensation but charges waived together with a letter stating that any adverse teaction via credit agencies hD been lifted - sorry to tired to think but hope you understand. Good luck have no idea the hours/days I lost with irratic internet connection not taking into account my rimeetc. Good luck tonall of you on Virgin & Talk Talk. Think the real problem here is for new lines/connections etc they have run out of space but don't tell us poor mortals and bluntly lie..

Cancelled my Virgin media contract today and was the best thing I have ever done, after months of "super high speed" broadband finally had enough

Then got the call from the loyalty team trying to bring my back with a 50 pound credit to my bill, all new kit and a fixed price with 30 pounds off per month for 18 months - after having my bills increased quite a few times over the last few years I said maybe they should have been proactive and offered money off before I left especially as they know there is a general problem in the area instead of the only giving refunds if your internet is down for 24 hours solid nonsense.

If you really want to get money off though and think Virgin is still OK, cancel you contract and wait for the call

Fantastic news! I'm not going back to Virgin Media for other reasons but yep strongly recommend everyone either vote with their feet or at the very least try and get some money off them as their prices are totally crazy for the service we are getting here

Mrs Y Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you Calsug, got a new deal, ?40.00 cheaper

> and Wifi speed upgraded to 350 (what ever that

> means)