Police going through bins & gardens in Belvoir Road

Just nearly had a heart attack when I saw through the window a police woman going through my front garden and several of her colleagues going through the bins outside!!

Apparently there was a burglary last night on Underhill Road that "may be connected to others across London" and that detectives would be going door-to-door later today.

Can anyone from Underhill Rd shed any light on this??

Ha, that was my immediate thought too! >:D<

Very odd though, they could tap on your door first, bit cheeky just coming in to your front yard and going through your rubbish... If that's your property, shouldn't they officially need a warrant?

Part of Underhill Road - from the junction at Belvoir Road about 200 metres north - has been taped off to traffic all day. from very early this morning to late this afternoon. I saw what looked like three SOCOs (in white overalls) leaving the house late this morning and police have been out on the road all day. I have already had the door-to-door so this incident is obviously much more than just a burglary - I just hope noone has been seriously hurt...

Agree that something is a bit odd about this. I live around the Melford / Underhill intersection and got a letter from the police at the weekend saying that one of my neighbours had been burgled, but it then went on to say that they had gone door to door but been unable to speak to anyone from my household despite a number of visits and could I please contact them to discuss if I had any information.

I can only contrast this with the total lack of information or follow up when one of our other neighbours was burgled last year, or even when the parked van at the end of our road burst spontaneously burst into flames at 1am and backed through someone's garden wall a couple of weeks ago. Who knew living in ED would be so eventful... ;-)

SimonM Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The victim was not hospitalised for long.

>

> The reason for all the activity at the time is

> apparently because of This

So are you the Simon Morgan as mentioned in the website - Detective Superintendent Simon Morgan - Just curious