dog kidnap attempt (November 29) Peckham Rye

Huggers

Hi all. This actually happened on Monday 19th Nov at approx 9.10am. Apparently, she was walking along in the rain and 2 men attacked from behind hitting and kicking her and her dog:X As Huggers said her dog bit one of them and they ran off. As far as I know it wasn't reported to the police, but I informed the park managers on finding this out yesterday morning. If I found out who this lady is, I will try to get her to report it.

All I know is that they were 2 black men, thats it for now. Hope she and her dog are ok

I worry about this a bit, because even though my big staff-mix looks scary, he's a bit of a coward and runs at the first sign of trouble so I'd have to fight them on my own!

It already happened with our puppy, we managed to get him back after a week, and we are still really protective of him now. It is a pretty upsetting thing having your pet stolen especially if they are staff type dogs because they often take them to use in dog fights or for breeding farms.

ChavWivaLawDegree Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I worry about this a bit, >

> It is a pretty upsetting

> thing having your pet stolen especially if they

> are staff type dogs because they often take them

> to use in dog fights or for breeding farms.

You're right to worry, but so are all the non staffie type dog owners. In training dogs for fighting, the scum that do it will use any type of dog for training purposes, ie bait, so as to lessen the risk of injury to thier dogs in the earlier stages of training.

Neutering your dog eliminates the breeding issue!

Make sure your dog is Microchipped too. (Won't stop the theft, but may help get the dog back if found elsewhere).

From what I've heard dog fighting is taking place in lifts in tower blocks nowadays. Owners put two dogs together in a lift on ground floor and send the lift to the top and see which one survives by the 17th floor... pretty gruesome stuff. And when you hear about American Football stars who have nothing better to do than organize fights and breed fighting dogs ... it just adds some bizarre cache to the activity I guess.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6962898.stm