Nasty Dog Owner on Goose Green (Sunday)

I was walking through GG on Sunday and noticed a light brown staffie (not 100% sure on the breed) running wild with its owner yelling obscentities at the dog from a distance away...e.g. "f**king come here". I've seen this before including the dog knocking my own lightweight dog off its feet and standing over it with neck hairs raised. Fortunately I don't think the dog is that vicious but clearly the owner has zero control and if it did attack person or animal then it would take some stopping.

The dog made a run towards a kid walking his small dog and then run around them, poor thing probably wanted to play but clearly the kid (& dog) were concerned.

The woman finally gets the dog and then beats it on its head for a good while and then just lets it go again. The dog goes to the other side of the park near the bus stop and does a sizeable number 2.

A minute or so later I stopped by the woman and asked if she realised her dog fouled the park. She says ...and i quote ..."yeah I don't f**king pick up sh*t in this f88king park do I". I had a small baby with me so decided she was beyond help and walked away. Clearly this woman should not have a dog and will continue to foul a park that responsible dog owners and children frequent.

I will report this to the council but given this goes beyond fouling I also want to issue a warning to steer clear if you see a tan coloured staffie with a raving lunatic owner yelling after it.

The woman was probably 5'10" with dark hair and an extremely aggressive demeanour. Really hope that the dog is somehow removed from her possession and put with a loving family as it would probably be a fabulous dog. Until then beware.

The fact that this dog simply allowed itself to be beaten over the head by the woman is proof of a good baseline temperament. However, if you were trying to turn a dog human-aggressive I can think of no better way to start. Poor dog!

I's also be slightly concerned about the dog standing over another dog with its hackles up- if this is what you meant by its neck hair being raised- this can sometimes, though not always, be a prelude to the other dog getting a pasting.

Sounds like this woman is totally unsuitable for dog ownership and the rest of us suffer, most of all the dog!

I am dog-sitting for a week or so over Easter. The dog is a staffie, technically 'bluue' is the colour but sort of looks light brownish. With heels on, I'm about 5'9/10 and I have dark hair. However, I do pick up the dog poo, don't swear at or hit the dog. But, just in case you see me at a distance and assume I'm the other one, thought I'd better point it out so don't get prepared for an argument straight off! You'd soon realise anyway - the dog I'm looking after has a tendency to roll on his back and wait for someone to tickle his tummy or, in other cases when small dogs freak him out, he has been known to physically jump into the arms of whoever is looking after him for safety...

I live opposite goose green and walk my dog there daily- I think I have seen this woman- she parks up at the end of the road and tries to contain her dog to one corner of the park- the other day she had a go at me for letting my dog in near her dog then gave her own dog a bollocking for wanting to play with my dog. Quite aggressive play. She had absolutely no authority over her dog.

What amazes me most though, is that is not a young dog (about 4 at a guess) so if she has had him since a pup, how on earth has she got away with her behavior this long? For starters, there are from time to time plain clothed sh*t police from the council fining owners who don't clear up after their dogs.

I think it's a bit dangerous to be discussing somone in this way in a public forum. It can lead to mistaken identity and also the woman concerned probably isn't even aware. This is a matter that can be reported to Southwarks Warden Service. They can issue fines to anyone who does not pick up their pets excrement. It's best to leave it to them to address.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it's a bit dangerous to be discussing

> somone in this way in a public forum. It can lead

> to mistaken identity and also the woman concerned

> probably isn't even aware. This is a matter that

> can be reported to Southwarks Warden Service. They

> can issue fines to anyone who does not pick up

> their pets excrement. It's best to leave it to

> them to address.

Oh come on. The original post is hardly a call to arms is it now

• 3 weeks later...
Do not take a photo, as its out of order. I don't agree with her hitting her dog with the lead. If you have an issue tell her to her face, or make a report. I find this talking behind people's back thing very rude and cowardly.

If you witnessed her behavior, trust me, you wouldn't confront her! She's as wide as she is tall and could easily eat me for breakfast. I was only torn by the fact that I doubt she could care less if she was paid a visit by whichever authority- I don't even know who I would report her to. She's just a foul mouthed inconsiderate pet owner. Which I doubt is illegal?

you could make a welfare complaint to the RSPCA if you have actually witnessed the woman hitting the dog. What do you have to lose?

Slims I think you have missed the point of a forum. The original OP and others have pointed out that a person is mistreating a dog and being aggressive towards people....nothing wrong with that at all.