European Elections

Earl Aelfheah

Farage is an opportunist charlatan with a complete disregard for electoral funding law. And in spite of never having himself been an MP, has caused more chaos in Parliament than any politician in living memory. A truly self serving snake oil salesman of the worst kind.

As to voting, in spite of being a Labour voter, I felt I could not vote for a party that isn't advocating for a 2nd ref, so I used my postal vote to vote Change UK. I also know I am not the only Labour voter jumping ship on this one.

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Farage is an opportunist charlatan with a complete

> disregard for electoral funding law. And in spite

> of never having himself been an MP, has caused

> more chaos in Parliament than any politician in

> living memory. A truly self serving snake oil

> salesman of the worst kind.

Man of the People PayPal...

JohnL Wrote:

> The (Banana and salted caramel) milkshake that got

> thrown at Farage came from 5 Guys and cost ?5.25.

>

> What a waste.

And if there is justice then arch lefty remainer Paul Crowther who threw it will receive 28 days in Jail like the Brexit supporter John Murphy did when he egged Corbyn.....

uncleglen Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The (Banana and salted caramel) milkshake that

> got

> > thrown at Farage came from 5 Guys and cost

> ?5.25.

> >

> > What a waste.

>

> And if there is justice then arch lefty remainer

> Paul Crowther who threw it will receive 28 days in

> Jail like the Brexit supporter John Murphy did

> when he egged Corbyn.....

He has to expect a possible prison sentence - but the guy who "egged" Corbyn actually thumped him at the same time (contact was made), did it in a Mosque which had been subjected to an attack and the earlier attacker had said he wanted to kill Corbyn - so there were aggravating circumstances.

When sentencing Murphy the comments are below (from the Standard) and some apply, some don't. But like I said I won't be surprised if he gets jail time.

?An attack like this is an attack on the democratic process?, she said. ?The impact on Jeremy Corbyn has been considerable, he says he was very shocked and surprised and he had always previously felt safe.?

'The judge said the Labour leader was ?particularly vulnerable? due to his high-profile political role, adding that CCTV of the attack showed the ?level of aggression? from Murphy. '

?Mr Corbyn wouldn?t have been able to anticipate being hit, or that the assault would stop after one hit?

?Attacks on MPs must stop, of whatever type, with an egg or in any other way. The message needs to go out that the courts will not allow this to continue.?

I've decided I'm going to ignore the advice of any pro-EU tactical voting sites.

Firstly the polls are all over the place, thus not convinced that any advice will be accurate enough.

Also, what advice I have seen for London says that the Lib Dems and Greens have comfortably enough votes to secure seats, but in order to take a seat away from the BP, there's a better chance of doing that by voting for Change UK. Fine, but what if too many people switch to Change, isn't there a danger of undermining the so-called secure seats?

Because the Remain vote is going to be split regardless, I think this vote is more to do with votes cast in total rather than actual seats gained, as people will inevitably tot up the pro and anti Brexit votes. So I'm going to stick with my initial thought that I'll vote for the Lib Dems, they have been consistently anti-Brexit, and they also have the best chance of finishing above Labour and thereby giving Corbyn and his Lexiter cabal a bloody nose. With a bit of luck May won't be the only leader getting the spanish fiddler this summer...

keano77 Wrote:

> Beautifully put DF.

>

> To use some Remainer logic (sic) if Man City and

> Liverpool both win tomorrow and City get 98 points

> to Liverpool?s 97, City should not be crowned

> Champions because of the narrow majority and

> because Liverpool fans won?t like the result.

You are forgetting that remain vs leave was never a binary choice, because leave can mean vary different, incompatible things. It is not Remainers' fault if, 3 years after the referendum, Brexiters still cannot agree on what leave is to mean! Is it hard Brexit? Norway? Canada? Switzerland? May's deal? BRINO (Brexit in name only)?

In fact, the option which did win the majority was to remain! If 48 people want water, 26 want beer and 26 want wine, yes, a majority wants some booze, but they can't agree what booze, and the option with the majority is, in fact, water!!!

JohnL Wrote:

> I still think the BXP polls are overestimated. I

> may have to eat my words.

Recent polls have shown them to have a 18-21% lead, but also a 3-5% lead, I expect the final result to be somewhere in the middle, well short of the referendum 52%...

JohnL Wrote:

> I really hate the traitor remarks but this is

> actually a really stupid story and it's a little

> sad that the guy might now lose his job or get a

> warning. I don't think Femi was that bothered by

> the sound of it.

Bothered enough to post about it. You're too soft John, regardless of which side that guy was on, it's not a good look for Kings, a warning is the minimum he should get...

JohnL Wrote:

>

> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/kings-colle

> ge-london-probe-after-senior-lecturer-in-mental-he

> alth-filmed-poking-remain-campaigner-a4149331.html

That kind of behaviour cannot and shouldn't be tolerated. Why should it be OK to shout insults at someone who disagrees with you?

And this is regardless of who the victim is - the idiots who shouted abuse at his children saying things like "your daddy is a horrible person" are no better than this guy