The Old Jaflong Restaurant to become a Pizza place

DulwichFox

I?ve already said I?d be happy with a Poundland or similar. That way we can get sweets and other stuff, all at a knock down price. How about that? Or would that go against your plan to open more pizza restaurants?

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I?d probably pop to

> the kebab shop on the way home.

>

> Louisa.

You?d have loads of places to choose from, but that?s probably not good for diversity so perhaps you should tell some of them to do something else instead?

Or perhaps you should let people get on with earning a living

Kebabs are cheap, nutritious, and relatively healthy if you don?t order chips. A equal balance of protein, carbohydrate and at least one of your five a day fruit/veg. Compare that to a pizza? You can?t. No contest.

Louisa.

Ah pk. You and your ?plan? to open more pizza restaurants has been busted!!

Louisa no one is making you eat at a restaurant that doesn?t fill you up. I?m suggesting that you are in the minority. People like pizza restaurants. Because they are cheap. And filling

If you feel like you need a kebab after, I dunno, go somewhere else. Leave the rest of us alone

You won?t catch me wasting my money on a pizza. Not when I can pop to Kebab and Wine and walk away with something considerably more filling and healthier to boot.

Pizza is not cheap and is not filling. Sorry John, that?s my honest opinion. And we have plenty of these places locally and don?t need anymore. Not when we are wanting for other retail options as outlined above. Also, as I stated before, how about a decent Morrocan or Mexican eatery? Foodies always pick and choose when it suits. And the rest of us get stuck with more of the same. You could easily fit a wetherspoons on LL somewhere. But god forbid we upset the yummy mummies and pizza eaters.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

> Kebabs are cheap, nutritious, and relatively

> healthy

>

> Louisa.

I thought what was important was diversity not healthiness or price?

And that?s why shops selling no fresh stuff and no nutrious stuff or healthy stuff at all at overinflated prices are good as long as theyre ?unique?

What is greeej? I don?t mind being called nuts, that doesn?t bother me. Some of the most intelligent and thoughtful opinions come from people thinking out of the box.

Pk diversity in retail IS about price. We need a variety of things for everyone. Since about 2007, we?ve lost Iceland, Somerfield and more recently 7/11 (thankfully taken on by Superdrug) and others. All replaced by either restaurants or expensive food shops.

Louisa.

Sephiroth Wrote:

> Ah pk. You and your ?plan? to open more pizza

> restaurants has been busted!!

>

D?oh

I need a new plan that?ll make her happy

If she thinks shops that sell only sweets are good cos they?re unique maybe I could do only

soft drinks? I could fly over cans from the US (at the expense of the environment)and charge loads more than local shops charge for UK made drinks

Surely she?d like that?

I never once suggested the old jaflong site become a pound shop. Not once.

It?s nice to see the place coming back into use after so long vacant, no one questions that. But it?s just a shame that yet another of the same thing is opening up when we clearly have that genre saturated.

A Poundland in the site next to Organic Village could work.

Louisa.

Loutwo Wrote:

>

>

> It?s nice to see the place coming back into use

> after so long vacant, no one questions that.

>

>

>

> Louisa.

Is that why or said it was ?sad news? in your first post?

Loutwo Wrote:

> Don?t put words in my mouth. Taking me out of

> context.

>

> I said it was sad news we have more of the same. A

> high street for food centric people.

>

> Louisa.

So in context you meant

?It?s nice to the place coming back into use?

Now I understand

Louisa

The sad fact is that the demographic you represent (or wish to be seen representing), which was a dominant demographic in ED once, is no longer. The sorts of shops and restaurants you say you like, and would like to see, no longer command the support of sufficient numbers locally to be able to operate profitably. Shops and restaurants selling low cost items have to sell very high volumes to pay for local rents and business rates. And maybe we don't have a pound shop because we do have the excellent Farmers. And as for your dislike of pizzas - well that's absolutely fine - no one is ordering you to buy or eat one - but there may be sufficient others who have different tastes to make a success of this new one (or, as I have said above, if it's better than an incumbent, to force an incumbent out).

You wish to roll back time to get back to an ED (as regards its residents) that no longer exists. I understand (sort of) that feeling, but it is a fantasy.

Lemming Wrote:

> Never mind the oversupply of pizzas, what about

> the oversupply of opticians?

>

> Don't get me wrong, I like eyes.. but I only have

> two of them.

New Opticians ??? Nobody saw that coming.

DulwichFox.

Loutwo Wrote:

> No, read back over fishbiscuits previous posts,

> you?ll soon get a rough idea of what I?m saying.

> Snobby, self righteous nonsense. Another look at me foodie type.

I called you out for talking rubbish. I don't know where you've been to in Italy... but Naples and Rome are full of pizzerias. Even in the North... Milan, the lakes, the ski resorts. Not just foreign tourists eating there either. Yes Italians eat pizza as a meal, beyond any shadow of a doubt. Admittedly it is considered a fairly basic meal, but it usually is here too.

If you were simply opining in a friendly way, I would have been more polite. But you were deliberately attempting to belittle others, which is just nasty. So I called you up on it. You are talking UTTER BOLLOCKS. And if you want me to apologise you're going to have a f*cking long wait.

At the risk of being controversial I actually agree with Louisa that it would be much better to have a new Moroccan restaurant or Mexican or Tapas....just something other than a Pizza restaurant which our part of South East London seems to be saturated with.

Personally I find Pizza boring I know I may be in the minority but Pizza is to my mind just bread and cheese with assorted toppings.

fishbiscuits Wrote:

> Then on another thread, you have the absolute

> cheek to say "ignore the usual suspects", and

> accuse someone else of being "passive

> aggressive".

>

> You're a troll. Sod off and ruin another forum.

I have been a member of this forum since 2007. I know many people, some on a personal level. You then have the audacity to call me a troll, after YOU went out of your way to wade in with some nasty comments directed at me for sharing my opinions. I believe we have enough restaurants of the same type within the local radius, that is all. Why you felt the need to wade in with predictable self righteous food snobbery, I don?t know. Well, I am not playing up to your poor attempt at goading me. Sorry.

Louisa.