Petrol

Hamlet

I passed the same Esso as Husker this morning at about 6.30 am and it was full of cars with a queue which blocked cars getting by. This evening I've noticed it was very quiet but it looks like all the pumps I could see as I passed had those yellow things on them that say they are empty.

AM - I find the layout of that station a bit naff, or rather it's a bit cramped, anyway so quite often cars can be backed up on to the road. May be people were panicing this morning trying get some before work and then it had settled down by the time I got there.

Yeah but, at least the lardarse Lady next door to me won't get Iceland delivering for a day or two

Jeez, she could dig and overwhelm a landfill site all by herself

"Pizza, yeah they cost a Paand"

Still give her her due, (and taking into account we now share a super-sized green bin ) she does weigh the pizza boxes down with Lambrusco bottles

(for which i'm grateful)

NETTS:-S

What a cock-up

Spent 3 years working on planning for fuel shortages. Rule number 1, keep ministers out of it.

Rule number 2, if you say anything, get someone who represents the consumer and reinforce normal buying habits. No point in having your car full of fuel if you do ten miles a month

Rule 3, don't use or even think of the word panic. Panic buying = hording, = what unreasonable people did during the second world war. Don't go there.

Blair actually learned his lesson about this. Fck know why the new lot did what they did. There would be officials saying "noooooooo"

Actually I am sure it was because they were taking on the tanker drivers, trying to be hard. So we have a finite amount of fuel in our forecourts, that has to be, wait for it, refilled by tanker drivers. Duh!

Love the lemmings grafati, one of my favourites. Also enjoyed UKDK and one off the M40 Give peas a chance. There was another one along the lines 'for Gods sake give me inspiration'

Veteran of the non fuel crises 05 - at least the scaremongering was then caused by Sky news and the Daily Hate (sorry mail) - not the home goal.

Probably just blown my security clearance....