recommendation: builder/decorator

MM22

• 3 months later...
matthew, tony and stephen just painted the whole of our 2-bed place. excellent advice from matthew in terms of appropriateness/cost of materials, great quality work, care taken of our home, and great attention to detail. special mention to tony for the quality of his work and determination to make sure we were happy with it, which was really appreciated. highly recommended. will definitely be using matthew again should anything else come up in the future.

Matthew and his team have completed the interior decoration of a 6 bedroom house for us recently. They are reasonably priced and friendly. Despite the overrun of the project, the final finish of the work is good and I would recommend them.

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

I have just had my windows and side gate repainted by these guys.

Matthew sent a brilliant guy called George who had an amazing attention to detail, he knows all things paint related!

Everything was in an appalling condition and now looks new.

I would thoroughly recommend them

• 2 months later...

would like to add another recommendation for matthew Hanson and his team who recently decorated our home post loft conversion and completed some woodwork on our staircase. He provided some good advice on how to make the new build blend into our existing house and he is able to advise on all aspects of building and decoration.

He is a nice guy to have round with a friendly team who are tidy and respectful in your home.

I would recommend him and would likely use him again for future jobs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would highly recommend Matthew and his team. They did a fantastic job painting my lounge. Very professional and excellent quality of work. He managed to achieve this on a very competitive budget and within the agreed time frame. I am using him again for another room. 07939 530699

• 2 weeks later...
Matthew Hanson and his team have just finished painting the outside of our house. It was in a shameful condition, with bits of masonry crumbling off it, and they have done a wonderful job of restoring it to its former glory. Their quote was by far the most reasonable, yet the work was of the highest standard, which I find really refreshing. The guys who worked on the house were incredibly polite and were genuinely a pleasure to have around, they worked really hard and tidied away after themselves every evening. We'd definitely have Matthew and his team back to do more work..

Agree with all the above reviews, after some bad experiences with builders it was so refreshing to find Matthew Hanson and team. In 2014 they replastered and decorated our water-damaged hall and bedroom walls and ceiling, and since then they are always our first call for building and decorating jobs. Matthew is a great problem-solver, Pepe did an ace plastering job on awkward curved ceilings, and recently Bertie has repaired a broken Victorian windowsill and a large wooden gate. All done with no fuss and at a reasonable price.

• 3 weeks later...
Another big thumbs up for Matthew and his team. I had a couple of jobs that needed doing including some plastering and putting an inbuilt cupboard back together after it had to be ripped apart after a gas leak. Matthew had Bertie come round the next morning who carried out the work very efficiently and to a high standard. His prices are very reasonable too. Highly recommended.

I would also recommend Matthew Hanson ([email protected] / 07939 530699). I contacted him about getting the external paintwork (window frames) done on our house in Brixton. He came round promptly to do a quote, which he sent to us within a couple of days, and, once we agreed to go ahead, he fitted us in and completed the work in the same week.

Matthew & his team acted professionally throughout. He listened to what we wanted and had some good suggestions when we asked about doing other work. He is also able to cover loft extensions, bathrooms, kitchens, and flooring.

The finished painting looks very professional and we feel that we got quality work at a fair price. The two guys who did the painting were also very good about cleaning up after themselves.

• 1 month later...
Matthew and his team just completed a whole load of plasterwork and redecorating for me and I'd whole-heartedly recommend them. Matthew was always available to answer any questions and suggest solutions to any problems. His team were clean, polite and tidied up after themselves every day. I'll happily be having him back to do any future work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to add a fully endorsed recommendation for Matthew and his team who recently painted our living room in East Dulwich to an incredible standard and finish. The attention to detail and time spent repairing significant cracks in the ceiling and repairing the detail in the cornicing have left us really pleased with his work and will definitely be calling on Matthew and his team when we do the rest of house.

Like previous posts, I can confirm that his quote was competitive and fair and is definitely value for the results we have got. Matthew was timely with his communications, very knowledgable and offered great insight and alternatives to consider and also had a great team who were friendly, hard working and polite.

His email address is [email protected].

• 3 months later...
I also highly recommend Matthew and his team; one of his men did an excellent job of painting and making good a few things I'd messed up. The job was done to a very high quality, he cleared up beautifully and I was very happy. Better than other people I have used recently in terms of end result - I have only praise.

• 2 weeks later...
I would also highly recommend Matthew Hanson and his team. I have just had my two bedroom house completely redecorated and the kitchen retiled. The guys he uses are meticulous and very thorough. They did a really good job and are super tidy and respectful. Can't recommend them enough....

• 2 months later...
I also agree. We had a fair bit of making good, painting and decorating done. Matthew was great - the answer was always 'yes' and he was also very competively priced. I would definitely use him and his chaps (who were polite, fast and cleaned up well) again.