Barry road - to the person/people who left a nasty note on our car

I really didn?t want my first post on the East Dulwich forum to be a rant, so I apologise in advance.

We noticed this morning that there was a dead cat next to our car on Barry road.

Someone had written a really nasty note and put it on our car accusing us of killing the cat, calling us evil and other horrible things.

In case the phantom note writer uses these forums, I just wanted to set the record straight.

Our car is broken and has been in exactly the same spot since 5pm on Sunday. It won?t start and needs to be towed to a garage to be fixed.

I can?t even begin to understand why someone thinks we would hit and kill a cat with our car and then park next to it, right outside the front of our house.

Anyway, sorry if this seems petty but we?ve found this quite upsetting. We have lived on Barry road for over 2 years (my husband even longer) and love living here. We don?t want our neighbours to think we are cat killers.

I of course extend my sympathy to the cat owner :(

what kind of weirdo writes a note and sticks it on a car....???

dear oh dear some people really need to get a life or get locked up in a padded cell.

Pity them for having such an empty existence and don't lose an ounce of sleep over the ramblings of a nutter

** please oh please let the person who wrote it be on this forum***

Thank you giggirl and garnwba for your kind posts!

Good advice to rise above it, I was just livid this morning!

I also thought that it was really strange behaviour. Not that i'm an expert on these things but i think generally people hit cats when going fast (like they tend to do down Barry road, to my annoyance) so it makes sense that they weren't stopping on Barry road but driving somewhere else.

Anyway, I will try not to look suspiciously at my neighours to see who looks angry and is carrying a filofax with pink paper pages.... ;-)

What is it with Barry Road, I wonder? We had a neighbour who wrote us nasty notes too, over really simple things she could just have spoken about to us.

Maybe make a point of speaking to any of your neighbours when you pass them. Ask if it was their cat. Even if it wasn't, you can then assure them that yours was not the vehicle that hit it (in case they were ones who left the note!).

This is one weird thread ....

1. Who would write such a note and on pink Filofax paper too?

2. Who would then make their first post on any forum stating receipt of such a note?

3. lousmith interesting detail....

What happened to the dead cat was it buried at sea ?

That would make the story hang together rally nicely IMO.